• 15 Aug 2022 - 12:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The People Who Own The Dark / Último Deseo (León Klimovsky, 1976)  (Read 3975 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Never seen this, looking forward to getting the new DVD.

imdb

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Loukol

A lot of people like this film but when I saw it I wasn't very impressed.
Perhaps a better looking print will improve it for me.
My copy is in the mail

ciavazzaro

• Almost Human

Nice post-atomic movie with a great spanish cast including Alberto De Mendoza,Nadiuska and Teresa Gimpera
For me he deserved to be saw !

bdc

Soms selected screencaps that are doing the rounds (big thanks to f.ramses):

"The People Who Own the Dark, Grindhouse (35mm) version:

The People Who Own the Dark, Portable Grindhouse (1" Master). Tried to keep them the same as the other version but they're not very exact.

"

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

I am very happy with the job CR did with limited source material, and love the Griindhouse print.  The 1 inch tape sourced Portable version is slightly widescreen and looks good, and it's nice to have the complete opening.  You can watch the first 3 min on the Portable version, and then switch to the 35mm version for the rest of the ride.

Just did a check on the run times, CR has listed the Grindhouse version at 78, while it clocks in at a healthier time just 7 secs shy of 80 min.

Portable: 82:15 ( not counting 15 sec for FBI warning )
Grindhouse: 79:53

CR could have better listed them as 82/80, and 95% of the missing footage is print damage in the first 2.5 min of the film ( credits and first 2 scenes are choppy ).
Have not really checked yet, but think the remaining bits are at ragged reel changes.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

You can watch the first 3 min on the Portable version, and then switch to the 35mm version for the rest of the ride.
Nice one, I haven't seen it before and wasn't sure which version to watch on there  ::)

gnorthcott

Definately the 35mm print tanzi,as has been said its mainly just a couple minutes from the opening american credits.Was looking forward to throwing away my sinister cinema vhs but realised it was the longer spanish edit so may hang on to it yet

bdc

Maybe of interest.

"I just took a look at the Spanish version. The missing moments from the American edit are chiefly in the beginning. Each of the main characters has an introduction segment, while the American edit only retains a couple. Not a big loss, actually. And the Spanish version has distracting solarized credits that give away scenes after the explosion. (I don't want to get too specific for those who haven't yet seen the movie.) The big news, however, is that the Spanish version, at least the one released on Divisa VHS, does NOT contain the Nadiuska nudity, a capture of which I posted above.
Mirek/Latarnia "

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Watched it this afternoon, really enjoyed it.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

I've emailed him and offered a copy of the Spanish version which runs for 95 mins (PAL)
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.