• 18 Aug 2022 - 05:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A Dario Argento poster!  (Read 12813 times)

Delirium

• Almost Human
A Dario Argento poster!
« on: 13 Aug 2012 - 21:05 »

An easy and obvious request, I know. But for Argento's forthcoming Londinium visit, I realised I have nothing poster wise that I could have signed, rather than take the standard DVDs that I usually take to such events.

Prefer something along the lines of Suspiria, Inferno or Bird with a Crystal Plumage, but if anyone has a rather nice poster going (any variety, size or country release, just original not reprint).. please offer away!

A locandia would be perfect!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: A Dario Argento poster!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2012 - 05:44 »

I should have something you can have. What day is Argento there? I'm only there for the Saturday morning.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2012 - 08:00 »

Hey Kevin,

He's there for the Friday 24th with his as yet unannounced film (which I shudder to say is going to be Dracula 3D, isn't it - I only bought a ticket for the sake of getting the man's autograph!)

I'd be interested to see what you can offer.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 05:34 »

How much were you looking to spend?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 09:57 »

Depends what's on offer. I'd consider anything really! It's only once I'd get to do this, and would intend to frame it afterwards.
So looking for something nice.

monsters

• Almost Human
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 10:23 »

Just read a tweet from Frightfest saying he's ONLY signing copies of the new book. Bit mean.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 10:48 »

Just read a tweet from Frightfest saying he's ONLY signing copies of the new book. Bit mean.

Unfortunately its true, sneak something in anyway.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 11:07 »

You reckon? I know they tried it before, last time there was a book signing for someone, but people took stuff to sign anyway and they couldn't seem to do anything about it.

At worst case they may enforce you to buy a book as well.. bit irritating, as I have an old edition and have no interest in upgrading. Argento's time has long gone as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT - Just read that tweet myself. I hate that kind of blackmail, when many people have been waiting ages to meet an idol of theirs. I don't have a Twitter account, else I'd call them on it and ask if one could at least take one item extra if they got the bloody book.

It does annoy me when people have every item in their collection signed. Namely the spikey haired chappy at every cine-excess festival who takes his entire poster collection every...damn...time.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 14:15 »

You reckon? I know they tried it before, last time there was a book signing for someone, but people took stuff to sign anyway and they couldn't seem to do anything about it.

At worst case they may enforce you to buy a book as well.. bit irritating, as I have an old edition and have no interest in upgrading. Argento's time has long gone as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT - Just read that tweet myself. I hate that kind of blackmail, when many people have been waiting ages to meet an idol of theirs. I don't have a Twitter account, else I'd call them on it and ask if one could at least take one item extra if they got the bloody book.

It does annoy me when people have every item in their collection signed. Namely the spikey haired chappy at every cine-excess festival who takes his entire poster collection every...damn...time.

haha like the scene from the life aquatic. And this one, and this, this one too, and this

medway garage

« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:13 »

Why should it annoy you if someone has queued up twice, i could understand if there
was a big queue, but Cine-Excess is far from rammed,so what's the problem ?

Yes a bit annoying about the book, already bought it once, wouldn't mind getting a few
4-fogli's signed, but if Alan Jones is going to be a rude f*cker again [not to me but
some friends last time Argento was over] i doubt i'll bother.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:21 »

Why should it annoy you if someone has queued up twice, i could understand if there
was a big queue, but Cine-Excess is far from rammed,so what's the problem ?

Are you the spiky haired chappy?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:35 »

I just don't see why every item needs to be signed, unless it's for profiteering. Most people take one or two items they love, for the sake of having something on the shelf or getting something framed. But each to their own.

Anyway, I only want an Argento poster. The thread wasn't supposed to go this way. :-X

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:40 »

This is what I have to offer :-

Bird with the Crystal Plumage (French)
Phenomena (Locandina)
Cat O'Nine Tails (US One Sheet)
Deep Red (US One Sheet)
Unsane (US One Sheet)
Four Flies On Grey Velvet (US One Sheet)
Suspiria (Turkish)
Suspiria (UK Quad)
Inferno (Belgian)
Tenebre (Belgian)

I can supply pics of anything you might be interested in. PM me with offers or whatever.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #13 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:54 »

Great matey, thanks. I'm currently driving back to London, will drop you a PM either late tonight or tomorrow sometime.

There's a few I'm definately interested in, so will grab pics off you!

medway garage

« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 15:58 »

I just don't see why every item needs to be signed, unless it's for profiteering. Most people take one or two items they love, for the sake of having something on the shelf or getting something framed. But each to their own.

I'm not sure if it's me you're talking about or not, i collect Italian and Japanese posters,
i get favourites signed for possible framing or linenbacking.I think the most i ever got signed in one go was for Norifumi Suzuki 8x Japanese B2's but then it was only me and it was in Tokyo.The only time i ever sold one of my signed collection,was one of the Suzuki posters because i found a mint unused one in Tokyo where i used to live, so hardly profiteering !
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.