• 18 Aug 2022 - 04:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A Dario Argento poster!  (Read 12810 times)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: A Dario Argento poster!
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2012 - 16:08 »

Great matey, thanks. I'm currently driving back to London, will drop you a PM either late tonight or tomorrow sometime.

There's a few I'm definately interested in, so will grab pics off you!

If you can let me know which ones you're interested in that would be helpful, they're stored in different places and a couple of them are a pain to get access to - I should warn you as well - some of them won't be cheap.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #16 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 05:10 »

Delirium - your pm inbox is full.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #17 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 05:31 »

Sorted! (My PM box that is)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
A Dario Argento poster!
« Reply #18 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 06:25 »

I think there's a happy medium with signing. The time I met Castellari and Franco Nero there was a guy sat at a table with a pile of sleeves that was an inch-thick, and Nero signed everything - there had to be thirty or forty items there and that takes the piss. I don't however see a problem in getting four or five bits signed.

The greedy guy did get his comeuppance though - during his stint sitting with Nero, the actor pulled out a sleeve on four of five occasions and said "Ah, I like this, can I have it?" and greedy guts nodded an awkward gesture of approval. Nero had a cheeky smile and a glint in his eye like he was deliberately fucking with him. It was hilarious to watch.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #19 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 07:09 »

Yeah, I agree, the HUGE amounts are what I'm talking about really. I'm usually too shy to get more than one thing signed, although I have tried two if the opportunity arises and I see other people doing it. To ask someone to do a whole batch of stuff takes balls of steal when you've got a whole host of people looking at you, let alone the poor person doing the signing.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #20 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 10:03 »

I remember something like that at the Eurofests in the 90's... The Joe D'Amato one in particular, I remember someone seemed to have a sleeve for just about every film he had ever made and got him to sign them one by one... While a queue of about fifty people just stood there, waiting patiently.

Four or five things, max - I consider polite, if there's a queue.

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 10:09 »

That's part of the reason I never usually take things to sign. I can't be arsed queuing whilst there's cunts there taking the piss.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 10:31 »

I remember something like that at the Eurofests in the 90's... The Joe D'Amato one in particular, I remember someone seemed to have a sleeve for just about every film he had ever made and got him to sign them one by one... While a queue of about fifty people just stood there, waiting patiently.

Four or five things, max - I consider polite, if there's a queue.

Probably the same bloke.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2012 - 10:39 »

I think there's a happy medium with signing. The time I met Castellari and Franco Nero there was a guy sat at a table with a pile of sleeves that was an inch-thick, and Nero signed everything - there had to be thirty or forty items there and that takes the piss. I don't however see a problem in getting four or five bits signed.

The greedy guy did get his comeuppance though - during his stint sitting with Nero, the actor pulled out a sleeve on four of five occasions and said "Ah, I like this, can I have it?" and greedy guts nodded an awkward gesture of approval. Nero had a cheeky smile and a glint in his eye like he was deliberately fucking with him. It was hilarious to watch.
That was Geraint, he's proper signature hungry. Asked Marc to sign Death Ship for him ;D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #24 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 20:55 »

They didn't allow for poster signing after all, you had to buy a book at £35. He had a mob surrounding him, so only those in line for the book could approach him. Pissed off at that one!

And no, I didn't buy the fucking book.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 21:38 »

I remember he was happily signing just about anything at The Stendhal Syndrome screening at the NFT years ago... I was far too stoned and couldn't be bothered to queue up so I went in to watch the film instead, I think people were laughing at the abysmal dubbing within the first five or ten minutes and I realised I was in for a train wreck of a film. At least the weed was (surprisingly) good.

Forcing people to buy the book in order to meet the man is a bit off the mark, it's not like Dario lives off the royalties from the sales.

So, Dracula 3D - any good?

::)

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #26 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 22:01 »

Yeah, this is an Alan Jones thing. I'm sure Argento would have been happy to sign anything if he'd been left to it. He seemed a bit dazed and confused.

They didn't show the film - it's not ready, apparently - so just did the interview (which was a bit underwhelming. They should have got a translator in, rather than have Argento speak broken English). Not bothered really, as not expecting much from it. I expected them to show something, but no.

I really liked the neo-giallo Tulpa, though, even though it got a terrible reception from the herd-like Frightfest audience who laughed mockingly through most of it. And really enjoyed the Peter Strickland, giallo soundtrack inspired Berberian Sound Studio too, so it wasn't a total loss. 

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #27 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 22:08 »

They didn't show the film - it's not ready, apparently
I heard that they didn't want to pay the amount asked for to get the rights to show it because it was too dear.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 22:12 »

Really? Not what they said, they mentioned February (I think) next year for a release, but it wouldn't surprise me. They should have put some of their book funds towards it.  ;D

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
A Dario Argento poster!
« Reply #29 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 22:13 »

...and, of course, because it's supposed to be fucking awful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.