• 22 Sep 2020 - 19:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White Fang / Zanna Bianca (Lucio Fulci, 1973)  (Read 4926 times)

Gary B.

White Fang / Zanna Bianca (Lucio Fulci, 1973)
« on: 18 Feb 2009 - 16:25 »

Thought I'd start a separate thread for this film, as I've only seen it mentioned briefly in other threads.

I've read that it was a movie made for children in a few books/reviews, but after seeing it and the sheer amount of violence (bear vs. dog, dog vs. dog, stabbings, heads hitting corners of tables with blood aplenty, etc), I can't be sure it was intended for younger viewers, or families.  It is nowhere near the level of violence normally associated with Fulci, but is still more violent than most other supposed 'family adventure' films!  I probably would have loved this as a kid, though... 

I was surprised to hear Franco Nero's character was not dubbed with his own voice, which I heard somewhere that he had in his contract to always do his own English dubbing...  Also, White Fang seems to be a German Shepherd???  Other than these few issues, it was still very entertaining, especially John Steiner's character as the complete bastard villain he plays so well...  I really look forward to seeing the sequel (I know for a fact Franco Cleef is working on White Fang 2 for his next batch of releases).

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: White Fang / Zanna Bianca (Lucio Fulci, 1973)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2009 - 17:23 »

Still haven't watched my Franco Cleef disc of this. Might do tonight. Good to hear the sequel is in the works.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2009 - 02:33 »

The bear vs dog & dog vs dog scenes are so brutal and realistic, I wonder how he filmed them without hurting the animals.

Gary B.

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2009 - 02:40 »

The bear vs dog & dog vs dog scenes are so brutal and realistic, I wonder how he filmed them without hurting the animals.
Yea, it's insane.  Probably with lots of fast cuts/edits and plenty of closeups.  I did notice some fake fur/fake dogs here and there, but it did look VERY real!  Fulci is the master of disturbing imagery.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2011 - 19:46 »

Evening Gentlemen. I've decided this is next on my list to see - has an English friendly version be released anywhere, as I can only find the German version with Italian/German audio. I'd appreciate any pointers from you kind folk.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2011 - 15:04 »

As far as I'm aware, the only English-friendly DVD is the Franco Cleef release
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2011 - 15:53 »

Evening Gentlemen. I've decided this is next on my list to see - has an English friendly version be released anywhere, as I can only find the German version with Italian/German audio. I'd appreciate any pointers from you kind folk.
Vhs any good to you? There's several of them about.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2011 - 16:46 »

I was watching the sequel only just the other day,still haven't seen this one yet though.

Delirium

• Almost Human
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2011 - 08:09 »

I think there's a mistake on IMDB, as if you look at Fulci's filmography, it doesn't show Zanna Bianca - only the sequel! It comes up if you type it in though. Anyway, looks like I'm after both then!

Tanzi - VHS would be an option, although I confess I semi-retired my recorder!

How does one go about picking up these Franco Cleef recordings? DVD would be preferable, especially if they're fan made from better sources (I assume FC's is?). Read good things on the German issue - damn shame there's no English option.

Nuno

• One Just Man
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2012 - 14:55 »

Hi people,
Where i can find this one Franco Cleef release?? I can't find anywhere  :-[

Thanks
Nuno

Gary B.

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2012 - 05:01 »

Hi people,
Where i can find this one Franco Cleef release?? I can't find anywhere  :-[

Thanks
Nuno

Nuno, I sent you a PM with his contact info.

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2012 - 20:06 »

Although Amazon now lists this as 'unavailable' I purchased this a while back and was surprised to find out that the film included here was ACTUALLY Zanna Bianca and not RITORNO de Zanna Bianca. The print was actually quite excellent; I believe the label (bootleggers) is/was called 'Craze.'

http://www.amazon.com/Challenge-White-Fang-Franco-Nero/dp/B007USSLF6/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1339877005&sr=1-2&keywords=challenge+to+white+fang

As far as content goes, totally agree with all points here: way too violent for a children's film, and Steiner was an absolute bastard, indeed! Loved to hate that character!
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.