• 22 Sep 2020 - 20:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Wait Django...Shoot! (Edoardo Mulargia, 1969)  (Read 2278 times)

LANZETTA

A horse rancher has $10,000 stolen and is killed by Navarro and Chico,henchmen of land baron Don Alvaro.Big mistake as this turns out to be the father of non other than Django(Ivan Rassimov) who sets out in pursuit of his dads murderers.However in the meantime Chico(Navarro's son) has made off with the loot to a Mexican village and when Navarro catches up with him he finds Chico dead and the money gone.It seems that there are other interested parties including an very intense (not unlike a Leone Volonte character) guy in the village called Grey and Don Alvaro himself who being suspicious of Navarro sends out another very well played intimidating character called Hondo to investigate.

A very enjoyable entry from the large series of Django rip-offs,and Rassimov(like he does in CJAMANGO) excels in the coolness,fisticuffs and gunplay stakes and is aided in his vengeance by the always good value Pedro Sanchez as his cheeky sidekick Baricca.As mentioned above all the villains are very colourful,and the series of gun duels and set pieces are very well handled.

A recommended 7.5 out of 10.  :)

Mart85

Re: Don't Wait Django...Shoot!(Edoardo Mulargia,1969)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2007 - 13:46 »

I enjoyed this one as well.  Rassimov and Sanchez make a great team.  :-X

LANZETTA

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2007 - 13:50 »

Rassimov starred in Sergio Garrones IF YOU WANT TO LIVE...SHOOT!(1969) recently given to me as a freebie so i may be checking this out next. :-X

Mart85

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2007 - 13:54 »

Rassimov starred in Sergio Garrones IF YOU WANT TO LIVE...SHOOT!(1969) recently given to me as a freebie so i may be checking this out next. :-X

Not seen that one.  Let us know what you think of it.

LANZETTA

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2007 - 14:03 »

IL COMMISSARIO didn't like it as he's the guy that sent it to me as a freebie,but he also sent an unwanted JONATHAN OF THE BEARS dvd which i think is terrific. ::)

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2007 - 20:38 »

I never bothered posting my brief review so as not to draw attention to it. JONATHAN OF THE BEARS was, IMO, a horrible movie. However, the photography was gorgeous and the only reason I made it through to the end. Can't say enough about the cinematography.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.