• 19 Oct 2020 - 21:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Western featuring former Spaghetti Western stars!  (Read 7568 times)

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
Re: New Western featuring former Spaghetti Western stars!
« Reply #15 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 19:35 »

I was just playing devil's advocate before because I didn't know what the score was.

Be nice if this could be sorted without a ruckus on here though.
I hope I didn't sound rude to you in any way. If I did, it was not my intention, but give me a break: English is not my main language.  ;D

Anyway, I was not trying to cause a ruckus on these forums. I just wanted to update people on what happened.
And hopefully, if this person tries to do something similar, people will be aware of what happened with his first Kickstarter campaign.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #16 on: 04 Jun 2012 - 23:09 »

I have amended my post and removed the scum reference - it was a bit harsh...

At least Funktion let us know what was going and, if it happens again, people will know the score.

Just a thought, but has anyone actually seen this film yet? Is it any good?
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

micfreddy

« Reply #17 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 17:55 »

This is the director of The Scarlet Worm.  I just found this thread yesterday (I was not the one that posted the Kickstarter link here).

The film's DVD release was delayed two times by the distributor so we were not able to give people "official" copies until very recently.  That's no excuse as to why the Kickstarter page was never updated, but everyone did eventually get what they were promised.

Funktion- Our distributor did not send us many filmmaker copies, but we still sent the movie out to everyone that donated the appropriate amount.  Almost all of our contributors I knew personally so I never really went through Kickstarter for updates (again, that is no excuse for the lack of updates).  After our final correspondence, I upgraded your DVD to a Blu-ray and even covered the international shipping costs because of the delay.  I never heard back from you after that, but I'll safely assume you got it, otherwise, you probably would have told me if you didn't.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture
« Reply #18 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 18:18 »

Just seeing this thread myself. Majorly sorry to whoever got neglected.

The only connection I had to the SCARLET WORM kickstarter rewards was trying to get Dan van Husen's and Montgomery Ford's autographs on items from the films (as that was one level of reward). I failed miserably, as both actors wrapped before I got their autographs. We ended up getting signed 8x10s by those two as replacement rewards. Pretty weak on our part, but then again, we were understaffed during the shoot by about 75 crew members.

This is also a good reminder too to post Kickstarter updates. That's something I stopped doing at some point for EUROCRIME, because I figured everyone was following the doc's progress on Facebook. That's not necessarily the case.

And I thank Jonny for remembering the kickstarter donors in his EUROCRIME intro at FrightFest. I try to always mention the kickstarter support in intros and interviews, and it was cool that Jonny shortlisted them amongst the thankees.

Col. Mortimer

« Reply #19 on: 27 Aug 2012 - 19:45 »

While it's true I must have visited this forum a lot after posting the original message, I too only checked back at this particular thread recently. Really sorry for any inconvenience, but I hope those replies from the people who worked on the film above will help set things straight for you.

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #20 on: 09 Sep 2012 - 20:53 »

Sorry for bumping this thread yet again, but I just noticed I didn't give any update regarding what happened. Sorry about that, I've been moving to a new house, and I've been more or less away from the internet for the past few weeks.

A couple of weeks after I posted in here the director contacted me through Kickstarter, and ended up sending me a Blu-Ray copy of the film, which I already received.

So everything worked out in the end (even if I had to keep pestering Mr Michael Fredianelli for almost a year; you really should check your PMs  ;D).

Thanks for all your replies. And now that you registered micfreddy, I hope you stick around and post on these forums once in a while.  :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.