• 14 Jul 2020 - 15:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-CERT The British Independent Horror Film: 1951-1970 (John Hamilton)  (Read 2687 times)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

From John Hamilton, the author of Fab Press' Tony Tenser book BEASTS IN THE CELLAR. This has just been published by Hemlock Books - there is also, apparently, a second volume to come that covers the years after 1970. If it's anything as detailed as BEASTS then it should be a cracker.

244pp+8pp in colour/Fully illustrated

--SEE NUBILE WOMEN FALL VICTIM TO A CARNIVOROUS PLANT!!
--SEE A DERANGED ASTRONAUT WITH AN INSATIABLE THIRST FOR BLOOD!!
--SEE BODYSNATCHERS WHO PREY UPON THE LIVING!!
       Forget Hammer. Forget Amicus or Tigon. The 1950s and ’60s were the era of the ‘X’-certificate, when the emergent British horror film was equally represented by the work of a number of independent producers who between them created some of the most memorable thrillers of the period. This was the time when madmen stalked the Circus of Horrors, Jack the Ripper rubbed shoulders with Peeping Tom, and cinemagoers were invited to walk the Corridors of Blood, enter the Theatre of Death and set foot on the Island of Terror...
In X-CERT, the ‘Adults Only’ horror films that inspired the nightmares of a generation are examined in detail for the very first time through exclusive interviews, contemporary censorship reports and rare glimpses behind the scenes--complete with over 200 stills!
[/size]ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH for X-CERT?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Looks interesting.

Cheap ass looking cover though.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

gnorthcott

Mines on order along with the latest issue of little shoppe of horrors,will report back when I have had a chance to dig through it

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

The Dr Phibes issue? It's fucking great. Been reading it the last few nights and still only halfway through.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

gnorthcott

Yeah mines on the way.I must admit I only discovered 'lsoh' about a year ago when they ran their special on 'the fearless vampire killers'(one of my favourites),it's now easily my favourite film mag,I didn't pick up the woman in black issue yet,but have been working my way through the back issues. I have heard monsters from the vault is a good read also, but im heading way off topic now ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 35 queries.