• 08 Aug 2022 - 08:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Zombie / Zombie Flesh-Eaters / Zombi 2 (Lucio Fulci, 1979)  (Read 24312 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

DVD Beaver's Arrow Blu-ray review/comparison is up!

Check it out at THIS LINK

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I have the BU disc so will not upgrade now but I must say that I am very impressed with the screencaps - the Arrow disc looks like a winner.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu-ray (Arrow)
The new restoration of Lucio Fulci's legendary film is easily the best presentation of a classic European horror film that I have seen on Blu-ray to date.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I think the brightness level of the Arrow disc is definitely superior but it's not a difference that's so earth-shattering that you'd toddle off to the nearest HMV to double-dip - I must say, whether they're correct or not, I do prefer the colours on the BU release.

It's a hard call for those that have neither - if I was looking to buy one or the other, I'd most likely opt for the Arrow release.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666

I have the BU disc so will not upgrade now but I must say that I am very impressed with the screencaps - the Arrow disc looks like a winner.

First with Arrow for me. Not worth a DD for fancy artwork though in my opinion

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Some of those Arrow caps look way too bright to me.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

It needs to be watched on your home set-up - you can't judge the quality of a transfer by a few screen caps on a forum.

Zombie Flesh Eaters – Restored by the 142 Team

Collins

• Special Cop In Action

The extras look canny but i cant justify buying it just for those, im happy with the AWE dvd.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Zombie / Zombie Felsh-Eaters / Zombi 2 (Lucio Fulci, 1979)
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2012 - 19:51 »

And DVD Beaver's screenshots aren't always the best, the Blu-Ray.com team use a much better process. Marc's right though, the only way to judge is to see it with your own eyes.

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action

I don't have the BU disc, so I'll be getting the Arrow disc, but not while next year probably…

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Zombie / Zombie Felsh-Eaters / Zombi 2 (Lucio Fulci, 1979)
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2012 - 20:17 »

Well from the screengrabs and reviews it looks pretty good, and I've just found out I'm due some ppi back!

Loukol

« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2012 - 21:35 »

It needs to be watched on your home set-up - you can't judge the quality of a transfer by a few screen caps on a forum.

Yes, my first impression is the Arrow looks too bright.
But then I realised that tilting my laptop screen dramatically brightens or darkens the picture.

Anyways, I prefer the richer colors on the BU.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #12 on: 26 Nov 2012 - 23:34 »

"James White explains: “Like many horror films from this period, Zombie Flesh Eaters has been subjected to poor representation over the years, with fans having to make do with censored or incomplete versions, cropped pan-and-scanned images, and releases of generally dubious quality."

Hold on a second!!

There was a Dragon Laserdisc, a Japanese Laserdisc, a Roan Group Laserdisc, - then a series of DVD releases...  all uncut, and all wide screen.

Who on earth has had to suffer through a censored or incomplete , cropped pan-and-scanned version in the last 20 years?

I'm not having a dig, but that does seem like an odd thing to say. It isn't 1992!  ::)

"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2012 - 05:34 »

If anyone has seen the work that White has done for Masters of Cinema, then they will be able to attest that this will be as close to the original negative as is humanly possible. Perhaps not worthy of a new purchase if the BU version is already on the shelf, otherwise it's a must have release.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #14 on: 27 Nov 2012 - 10:42 »

It's the first time it's been properly transferred from the original negs rather than a print, like the BU release. Read the reviews - there's far more detail to be seen and it hasn't been over processed like the BU Blu-ray.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.