• 06 Jul 2020 - 01:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Appointment (Lindsey C. Vickers, 1981)  (Read 1218 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
The Appointment (Lindsey C. Vickers, 1981)
« on: 13 Jan 2013 - 08:59 »

20 minutes into this one I had serious doubts about whether I was going to like it. Edward Woodward aside the acting is on a par with something you'd see at the local amateur dramatics society underpinned by a soundtrack of 'menacing' synth music that sounds like outtakes from CREEPSHOW. Samantha Weysom who plays the troubled daughter is particularly ropey and has this weird deep voice that sounds like she's been huffing butane.

The good news is that as soon as the story shifts away from the homely setting, following Woodward on his journey to his business meeting, things take a turn for the better (mainly because he's the only actor on screen).

Despite the poor acting the film redeems itself with some excellent set pieces featuring some very inventive camera shots. Aside from the startling shot of a girl being snatched by an invisible assailant before the opening credits there's a truly wtf moment featuring a screwdriver and some clever shots of a cars tyres blowing out, plus a really great moment where a car hangs momentarily on it's front end, perching on the edge of a cliff.

All in all it's like a feature length episode of HAMMER HOUSE OF HORROR with bad acting and really inventive effects and camera work. Recommended.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 34 queries.