• 03 Jul 2020 - 12:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah, 1971)  (Read 1342 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah, 1971)
« on: 17 Jan 2013 - 22:59 »

Haven't seen it for about ten years or so, watched it again tonight and enjoyed it a lot more than I had done previously.

The U.S. MGM Blu Ray looks really nice (I heard the U.K. one looks shit), just a shame that the only extras are a couple of TV spots and a trailer.

I was looking through some of the trivia about the film on imdb, some interesting reading.

T.P. McKenna, who plays Major John Scott, has his arm in a sling. This wasn't written in the script - McKenna had broken it while having a wild party with a couple of prostitutes, arranged by director Sam Peckinpah.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah, 1971)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2013 - 07:34 »

I watched the UK DVD of this just before xmas. Great film though as you say, the UK DVD looks shit! There is a comparison extra on the DVD showing before and after restoration and it looks way better before. They seem to have boosted the brightness and contrast but it looks terrible. Get the old version or the U.S one.

gnorthcott

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2013 - 09:12 »

Yeah i didn't think the uk bluray was great, if i remember correctly the uk blu was sourced from a theatrical print,is the us blu from a negative then?

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2013 - 10:09 »

Yeah i didn't think the uk bluray was great, if i remember correctly the uk blu was sourced from a theatrical print,is the us blu from a negative then?
IIRC it's from the same source as the Criterion DVD, which I believe was sourced from the negative.
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

the blob

• Violent Professional
Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah, 1971)
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2013 - 10:32 »

The UK BD was crap. I won a copy and still got rid of it. Keep meaning to get the US one. This is still my favourite Peckinpah.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 35 queries.