• 25 Sep 2017 - 18:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurocrime! Opinions on self published DVD or Blu-ray wanted! Have your say here!  (Read 11259 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

For those of you not on Facebook here's a chance to have your say about the possibility of a self published DVD or Blu-ray of the documentary...

Okay, so 2012 saw a great festival run for EUROCRIME!, playing in seven different countries so far. And we went into 2013 riding on December's momentum of a great VARIETY review (after winning Best Doc at a fest in San Francisco and winning their weekly paper's Top Festival Pick).

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117948933/

We have a number of distribution offers, but none of them so far involve a serious advance (only the promise of royalties to trickle in later), and in this industry, you're told never to count on seeing a single penny on a royalty deal. And since we have several small investors, we haven't jumped at a royalty deal yet, out of fairness to them.

I know that DVD/Blu sales are lousy all around, and I know that most distributors (even genre ones!) still aren't that familiar with the Eurocrime genre.

But I also know that I get a weekly -- if not daily -- inquiry from a Eurocrime fan asking when/where the doc is available. And I'd like to think that you guys have made a nice bit of noise about this project (although please continue making more, until all the distribs know the serious demand for this doc). So I'm not sure where the disconnect is...

In any case, we're *thinking* about putting EUROCRIME! out on disc ourselves ... again, out of fairness to our investors (and because we seem to believe that Eurocrime fandom really does exist out there, and will put more care into the release).

Of the U.S.-based fans out there, would you be more likely to buy a DVD or a Blu-Ray (or are there equal numbers of both)? Let us hear from you!

US based or Europe based please let us know your thoughts! There's a poll above so we can quickly track the feedback but please leave your thoughts and ideas here in the thread too!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Collins

• Special Cop In Action

I dont care what format just release it please. Anyone with an interest in this sub genre will surely buy it to support the project.

logboy

• Almost Human

"Of the U.S.-based fans out there, would you be more likely to buy a DVD or a Blu-Ray"

you realise the doc is about eurocrime, right?
i'm in europe, i'd like to buy it.
guessing lots of european fans of a doc called eurocrime, a doc about european crime films.
either blu or dvd will do.
thanks.

Delirium

• Almost Human

Yeah, I want one too! I'm UK based though. Blu or DVD.

And congratulations by the way! An impressive achievement for all involved.

[Edit] By the way, I accidentally clicked blu ray on the poll. I meant to click don't care as long as it's released.

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

Man, I'd find a Beta-Max or Laser Disc player if it meant watching Eurocrime! in the comfort on my own home!  :-\
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

"Of the U.S.-based fans out there, would you be more likely to buy a DVD or a Blu-Ray"

i'm in europe, i'd like to buy it.
guessing lots of european fans of a doc called eurocrime, a doc about european crime films.

That's why I wrote...

US based or Europe based please let us know your thoughts! There's a poll above so we can quickly track the feedback but please leave your thoughts and ideas here in the thread too!

Cheers!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action

Good luck with the release when it happens, which I'm sure it will!  :)

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action

I'm in for either a Blu-Ray or a DVD (although I would surely prefer a Blu-Ray, and wouldn't mind paying a bit extra), and even though I pledged on the documentary's Kickstarter campaign at a level that included a DVD, I really wouldn't mind picking up an extra copy to help making this release a success.

Which reminds me, apparently my Kickstarter pledge included a thank you credit. So guys, am I in, did I have my 15 minutes of fame already by having my name showing up on a film festival?  ;D

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

What's your name? I have a screengrab of part of the 'thank you' credits.

"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action

What's your name? I have a screengrab of part of the 'thank you' credits.
Really? I was kidding, but if you don't mind checking, my name is João Carlos Bastos.

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action

Am I the only chump who voted Blu Ray ? ::)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Am I the only chump who voted Blu Ray ? ::)
No, looks like I am too  :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Never would have guessed.

rogerworrod

Hi! Long time no see/hear!!
I've had a similar type of question with AudioBooks that I've recorded: reaction from a top UK publisher "Things are changing so quickly... Books?  DVDs? BluRay? Who knows where it's going? Why not do EVERYTHING electronically?" Which is what we've started to do. Everything downloaded from a safe server with built-in pricing and repeat downloading blocked. Food for thought?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Everything downloaded from a safe server with built-in pricing and repeat downloading blocked. Food for thought?
If I pay for something I want a physical product.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.382 seconds with 20 queries.