• 26 Nov 2020 - 22:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deadly Chase / Il commissario Verrazzano (Franco Prosperi ,1978)  (Read 5769 times)

Stephen Grimes

This Luc Merenda film(and one of the first crime tapes i owned on Cinehollywood UK) is getting an Italian language dvd release soon on the Eldorado label,doesn't appear to be any English options but that may be a blessing as the English dub is terrible(up there with Double Game,Violence for Kicks etc).

Here's the opening titles with Gloria Piedimonte 'ping ponging' ;D
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpRyuiy3Gk

Same label is also releasing the excellent THE BLACK HAND and Giuseppe Rosati's giallo/crime hybrid THE PERFECT CRIME.
http://www.videociak.net/customer/product.php?productid=18817&cat=188&page=1&more_pages=1

Mart85

Thanks for the info.  I got a DVDR of THE DEADLY CHASE but never watched it.  Is it any good?

vigilanteforce

That is cool news Stephen! Do you expect the quality on these to be good? Never heard of that label before.

Stephen Grimes

I got a DVDR of THE DEADLY CHASE but never watched it.  Is it any good?
It's not one of the best but is worth a watch,the sequence with Merenda doing target practice at the shooting gallery has to be seen to be believed :-\

Do you expect the quality on these to be good? Never heard of that label before.
Never heard of them myself mate though i'm definitely buying this whatever as it was one of the first Italian crime films i saw and owned back years before dvd came along so it'll always have a place in my collection,i'll wait for everyone elses verdicts on the other discs.

Mart85

It's not one of the best but is worth a watch,the sequence with Merenda doing target practice at the shooting gallery has to be seen to be believed :-\

Thanks again.  :-X

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Did anyone pick up the Italian Eldorado DVD?

Stephen Grimes

Did anyone pick up the Italian Eldorado DVD?
Don't think it's been released yet,might have even been cancelled.

Paul Hutchings

Franco Prosperi is usually quite reliable - I really like RISKING (1976) and EVERY MAN IS MY ENEMY (1967) - but DEADLY CHASE isn't as exciting as I hoped it would be. The inheritance storyline is a bit tedious and the only significant action scene that I remember is a car chase through a tunnel. As Stephen has already said, the dubbing on the English version is awful.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

I remember watching this with my girlfriend on the couch next to me (she was probably only half paying attention during most of it).

But there was a scene where Luc Merenda walks up to a guard rail next to a nude beach and looks out over all the naked women. Right then some horn music kicks in...

... and my girlfriend and I had fun putting words to the music during that "Luc looking at breasts" montage -- something like:

"Oh yes I am,
Sho' 'nuff I am,
I'm looking at titties!
Titties!"

It fits perfectly. Everyone, cue up that scene and sing along!

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action

I think there was a supposed release years ago that never happened, so I'm guessing this may be that one, which probably will just have Italian language and Italian subtitles. Still, if this release is a go, I'll definitely pick up a copy to upgrade.
Its Santoni disco time!

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings

I own a Spanish language VHS with no subs. That's about it, sadly enough, haha!
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action

The only scene I remember from this, is when Merenda goes through that training course, with actors playing the "dummies" that shoot at him. Really odd scene.
Its Santoni disco time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.