• 22 Oct 2020 - 15:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Passion (Brian De Palma, 2012)  (Read 9875 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: "Passion" and the Brian De Palma case...
« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2013 - 19:51 »

I managed to place my order after 45 minutes or so of trying (the website was down as soon as pre-orders opened).
Took me about half hour, I was getting really stressed. Was on Screen Archives fine a minute or two before released refreshing the page, then suddenly couldn't get on.

At it already, check these out.

£74.99 and four already sold!

£70 one sold and another four.

And here's some with bids going up wildly!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Carpenters-Christine-Blu-ray-VERY-RARE-ONLY-3-000-PRODUCED-Pre-order-/321073739055?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item4ac17c752f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRISTINE-Blu-ray-2013-Twilight-Time-JOHN-CARPENTER-Brand-New-Preorder-/160975552851?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item257ae40153

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christine-Blu-Ray-Twilight-Time-3000-units-already-sold-out-/271157432506?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item3f223e10ba

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #16 on: 16 Feb 2013 - 23:25 »

I'm not big on Christine so I left it and I'm waiting for the supposed French edition of The Fury. Carlotta seem to put a lot of effort into their releases. I'll probably be sitting on Screen Archives site when The Driver comes out though.

No one really into BODY DOUBLE? It's one of my favourites of De Palma's I've seen.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #17 on: 16 Feb 2013 - 23:47 »

No one really into BODY DOUBLE? It's one of my favourites of De Palma's I've seen.
I've not see it for years but thought it was alright.

I wonder of this could get a Twilight Time release? They have another De Palma lined up but aren't saying what it is yet.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #18 on: 17 Feb 2013 - 00:02 »

I've not see it for years but thought it was alright.

I wonder of this could get a Twilight Time release? They have another De Palma lined up but aren't saying what it is yet.

Could well be. It's a Sony film again and I can't see them doing anything with it.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #19 on: 17 Feb 2013 - 00:54 »

Big fan of De Palma, his work is less than subtle but it does it for me. Blow Out, Dressed To Kill and Phantom of the Paradise are fantastic films. De Palma was always highly regarded amongst his peers

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2013 - 10:23 »

Yes, it's a lot of fun – forgot to add that one to my list... got to love the Frankie Goes To Hollywood sequence!
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

CardPlayer4

« Reply #21 on: 17 Feb 2013 - 10:30 »

The De Palma film I find myself enjoying the most is actually THE FURY but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority as no one else has even mentioned it. BLOW OUT is a terrific film too but I find many of De Palma's other films (including SISTERS, CARRIE and DRESSED TO KILL) to be overrated. I don't think they're bad, but they're not as great as they're often made out to be.

I agree, i think that THE FURY is a bit underrated too.

the blob

• Violent Professional
« Reply #22 on: 02 Apr 2013 - 15:33 »

Body Double has been announced by Twilight Time in August. I'll start saving now.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #23 on: 02 Apr 2013 - 15:40 »

Body Double has been announced by Twilight Time in August. I'll start saving now.
I doubt it will sell as quick as Christine, Fright Night and NOTLD. It's not the sort of thing "horror cunts" would buy.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #24 on: 09 Jul 2013 - 09:30 »

Last night I saw Passion. I'm a huge fan of De Palma so to me it was a great return to the thriller with which he is most synonymous. Lot's of great camerawork, editing and even spit screen. There's a fabulous Pino Donaggio score and the story (adapted from the French film Love Crime) is really rather good. Well worth checking out.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

CountFosco

Re: Passion (Brian De Palma, 2012)
« Reply #25 on: 09 Jul 2013 - 13:33 »

Last night I saw Passion. I'm a huge fan of De Palma so to me it was a great return to the thriller with which he is most synonymous. Lot's of great camerawork, editing and even spit screen. There's a fabulous Pino Donaggio score and the story (adapted from the French film Love Crime) is really rather good. Well worth checking out.

I can't wait to see it. Potential film of the year for me.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #26 on: 09 Jul 2013 - 19:08 »

I can't wait to see it. Potential film of the year for me.

I'd not go that far but it's very enjoyable and so nice to see De Palma back with his familar trappings. A solid four from me.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

martino1705

• Almost Human
« Reply #27 on: 10 Jul 2013 - 21:04 »

Seen this last night and have to agree that it is a definite return to his earlier work. I am a huge fan of Dresses to kill, Blow out, and Body Double and although it is not as good as any of these it is still a fine effort. You gotta love that split screen effect  ::)

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
« Reply #28 on: 15 Jul 2013 - 09:08 »

Sorry guys but this was absolute tripe. An hour or so of weak set up with awful, awful acting and dialogue followed by a rushed third act of throwing in references to his much better films. Very let down by this and I LOVE De Palma. I don't see it as a return to form at all.

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #29 on: 15 Jul 2013 - 16:59 »

Will be watching this tonight!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 21 queries.