• 13 Nov 2019 - 22:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissive (Lindsay Shonteff, 1970)  (Read 1327 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Permissive (Lindsay Shonteff, 1970)
« on: 23 May 2013 - 18:40 »

This is one of a few BFI discs I've had sitting on the shelf a while that I hadn't gotten around to watching yet. It's worth a watch but nothing to get excited about. It's basically about an innocent young girl who hangs out with some people who are wrapped around a band, the next thing you know she becomes groupie and works her way through them all.

What I enjoyed the most about the film was the music, some really catchy tunes played through out (One just past the hour mark sounds like it could have been played by the De Angelis brothers).  I kept thinking I'd seen one of the bands members before somewhere but wasn't sure. Anyway, I looked up the band "Forever More" and it says that some of the members went on to form "The Average White Band". No wonder I thought he looked familiar.

So one the whole I thought the film was alright but the music scenes made it better than it should have really been. First time I've seen a Shonteff film that's in a different tone to most of his other stuff (that I've seen).

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Permissive (Lindsay Shonteff, 1970)
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2013 - 18:54 »

Sounds good, thanks for the heads up. I'll start picking these BFI Blu-ray releases up in the next few weeks.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

the blob

• Violent Professional
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 34 queries.