• 20 Jun 2019 - 16:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: L'uomo la donna e la bestia (Alberto Cavallone, 1976)  (Read 27688 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Re: L'uomo la donna e la bestia (Alberto Cavallone, 1976)
« Reply #60 on: 28 Jul 2009 - 01:16 »

any word of a better looking version of BLUE MOVIE than the LFVW disc?

fdsmedia

« Reply #61 on: 28 Jul 2009 - 02:10 »

Can anyone confirm if they used my subs or not?
where can i find them so i can compare?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #62 on: 28 Jul 2009 - 10:35 »

Doesn't appear to be,only versions i know of in circulation are the Shendene vhs (which LFVW used for their subbed edition) and the 8mm print with h/c footage.There's also an English language version that was screened in Rome a couple of years ago and which i'm currently trying to get myself a copy of.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #63 on: 28 Jul 2009 - 12:01 »

Can anyone confirm if they used my subs or not?
where can i find them so i can compare?

Thanks - I'll try and locate them later tonight.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #64 on: 29 Jul 2009 - 10:21 »

Doesn't appear to be,only versions i know of in circulation are the Shendene vhs (which LFVW used for their subbed edition) and the 8mm print with h/c footage.There's also an English language version that was screened in Rome a couple of years ago and which i'm currently trying to get myself a copy of.

I thought the LFVW/Shendene was uncut.  It seemed graphic enough.

Does the PAL tape itself look better?  The LFVW was converted to NTSC (deck to deck, I'm guessing) and probably lost a couple generations before the subtitling and transfer to DVDR.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #65 on: 30 Jul 2009 - 00:31 »

Rented the Thunder Island disc.  The white disc face definitely looks like a Substance disc.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #66 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 01:22 »

Stephen do you know what additional footage there is in the h/c 8mm version of Blue Movie? 
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #67 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 12:00 »

Stephen do you know what additional footage there is in the h/c 8mm version of Blue Movie?  
Leda Simonetti performing a blowjob on the black actor Joseph Dickson and additional footage of the lead character getting a handjob.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #68 on: 27 Aug 2009 - 10:54 »

For the curious, I finally found an old thread (in English) about the 8mm version of Blue Movie

http://win.gentedirispetto.com/snitzforum/topic.asp?whichpage=7&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=360

It's all quite messy, but it's an interesting read.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #69 on: 27 Aug 2009 - 11:56 »

Nice find,haven't seen this in years.
Even managed to find 2 or 3 of my own posts elsewhere there as 'Steveg72' as well as Lefteris' whose username was 'Inveracity_gr'.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #70 on: 09 Dec 2009 - 15:52 »

I figured I'd post this here because it seems to be where all the Cavallone info is:

Someone over at Cinehound recently enquired about the existence of a vhs tape of 'Maldoror' on the 'Gold Medal' label... Of course it's rubbish but I decided to do some digging around to see what this was all about and how it started:

Cinehound forum link here:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_FORUM/index.php?showtopic=3586

What gets me is that this bit of info about a vhs tape is actually on the Italian Wikipedia page dedicated to Alberto Cavallone:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Cavallone

It's mentioned in the penultimate paragraph:

Un'altra prova schiacciante dell'esistenza di "Maldoror" arriva nel maggio del 2009. Un membro iscritto al forum de "Il Cancello" (http://www.ilcancello.com) ha messo all'asta un'edizione ultra-rara (in italiano) del presunto "capolavoro perduto" di Cavallone, edita da una label di VHS chiamata Gold Medal. Il rarissimo pezzo รจ stato immediatamente venduto per la grossa cifra di 20.000 euro. Secondo quanto riportato nelle descrizioni del venditore, l'edizione in VHS appariva in tal modo: "sfondo nero ed il famoso fallo finto della processione al centro. Scritta in rosso acceso in alto: Maldoror. Nel retro una scena del film: quella dell'ostia insaguinata data ad un bambino".

(I won't translate this but the basic gist is that someone offered it for sale and a guy called 'sadman' paid 20,000 Euro's for it straight away.)

So... where did this wild rumour start?

Here...

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:62LdgqiSNGYJ:www.ilcancello.com/compro-vendo-scambio/9754-vendo-tutto.html+maldoror+%22gold+medal%22+vhs&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk

(I've posted the google cached page because you need to be registered to see it otherwise)

Basically, some guy called 'Zick' offers it for sale on that page (including a copy of Zombi 3 - in 3D!) as a joke and that's where it all started.

Figured I'd post this here to squash this silly rumor - of course, this didn't stop them putting it in the Italian Wikipedia page, did it?

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #71 on: 21 Nov 2011 - 06:51 »

::) ::) ::) ::)

bruce holecheck

• Almost Human
« Reply #72 on: 23 Apr 2012 - 23:52 »

Jose, I hope you don't mind, but I added your Spanish sleeve for MASTER OF THE WORLD over at my blog (with credit, of course).  I'm still looking for the British pre-cert and the French tape (as LE MAITRE DU MONDE), along with any others I don't know about!

http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/2011/06/project-mogul-alberto-cavallones.html
-----------------------------
Cinema Arcana
Knee-Deep in Cinemuck!

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #73 on: 24 Apr 2012 - 06:49 »

Jose, I hope you don't mind, but I added your Spanish sleeve for MASTER OF THE WORLD over at my blog (with credit, of course).  I'm still looking for the British pre-cert and the French tape (as LE MAITRE DU MONDE), along with any others I don't know about!

http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/2011/06/project-mogul-alberto-cavallones.html

No problem Bruce ...Wonderful  ;) ;) ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 35 queries.