• 15 Nov 2019 - 09:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filth (Jon S. Baird, 2013)  (Read 2305 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Filth (Jon S. Baird, 2013)
« on: 23 Oct 2013 - 18:00 »

FILTH - Official International Trailer (Unrated)

"A bipolar, bigoted junkie cop manipulates and hallucinates his way through the festive season in a bid to secure promotion and win back his wife and daughter"

Saw this yesterday in the cinema, it's been out for a bit but caught it on whim when I had nothing to do for a few hours in Manchester last night. In 35mm too, which was a nice surprise!

Really enjoyed it. Went in knowing nothing about it, apart from it being an adaptation of an Irvine Welsh book, thought it was excellent and heartily recommend it!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Filth (Jon S. Baird, 2013)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2013 - 20:06 »

Does it still involve a tapeworm?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2013 - 21:00 »

The tapeworm is implied visually but there's no voice over from said worm in the film, I'm thinking that the worm has a voice in the book? There's no other mention of the worm in the film apart from it being included in Bruce's hallucinations where he talks to his therapist - there's images on the wall etc during those sequences.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2013 - 07:18 »

The tapeworm is implied visually but there's no voice over from said worm in the film, I'm thinking that the worm has a voice in the book? There's no other mention of the worm in the film apart from it being included in Bruce's hallucinations where he talks to his therapist - there's images on the wall etc during those sequences.
It's been a while since I read the book, but Jim Broadbent's character essentially replaces the tapeworm of the novel, Jonny.

Another thing I loved about this was David Soul's cameo - which was totally unexpected (by me, at least).
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2013 - 08:34 »

It's been a while since I read the book, but Jim Broadbent's character essentially replaces the tapeworm of the novel, Jonny.

Another thing I loved about this was David Soul's cameo - which was totally unexpected (by me, at least).

I didn't even realise it was David Soul until Silver Lady kicked in! Then it clicked!  :-\

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2013 - 21:31 »

I didn't even realise it was David Soul until Silver Lady kicked in! Then it clicked!  :-\
Me too. I saw him onscreen and though, 'I recognise that face from somewhere'. Then the music began and it all came together :-\
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 15:27 »

Fatastic steelbook cover, out February.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 36 queries.