• 30 Jun 2022 - 23:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import CDs.com  (Read 3665 times)

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
Import CDs.com
« on: 10 Dec 2013 - 17:02 »

Was going to place a bulk order for a lot of the Schoolgirl Report films.

Ordered from them before, item was sent with a UK postmark so no worries of import duty but that was for a single item.

Is it the same for bulk orders or is it a case of running the risk of paying hefty fees?

Funktion

• Violent Professional
Re: Import CDs.com
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 13:10 »

I'm not from the UK, but from another EU country.
My most recent experiences with them ended up with 75%+ of the packages being held at customs (more than any other US retailer I've been using, even Amazon.com).

I'm not sure if they have different shipping practices for shipments to the UK, but if you want to avoid fees, I recommend a bit of caution when using Importcds.com.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 19:02 »

Thanks, Funktion. I already placed the order, guess the proof will be in the pudding. ;D

Funktion

• Violent Professional
« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2013 - 19:53 »

Thanks, Funktion. I already placed the order, guess the proof will be in the pudding. ;D
Good luck.  :P

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2013 - 07:32 »

I had 'the big gundown' here in the uk from importcds this week - like deepdiscount, the set was wrapped in grey plastic and is re-shipped from within the uk, second class, no value shown on the parcel.have a feeling their system separates items down automatically to allow for the way they're available at random points in time, whether new releases or not, and because the seem yo be wrapped by machine, not by hand.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2013 - 18:22 »

Received my large order, wasn't charged any import fees. though the value WAS stated on the package, in very very small lettering. In fact, it didn't really look like a value at all just some numbers. Unless Royal Mail were just feeling generous as it was Xmas period and they didn't want to be a Scrooge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.