• 19 Jan 2021 - 02:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: On The Third Day Arrived The Crow (Gianni Crea, 1975)  (Read 9341 times)

LANZETTA

Italian title:Arriva! Il Crow

This western opens reasonably enough with a violent raid on a wagon shipping gold by the henchman of the notorious outlaw called The Crow(William Berger),and hot on his heels are the Connolly siblings Link(Lincoln Tate),Tornado and Sally for reasons that aren't revealed until much later on.Unfortunately following the promising start the movie soon degenerates into inept comedy with badly choreographed slapstick fights as the Connollys turn detective as it turns out that the robbery was faked.

What really prompted me into checking this sw out was  William Berger but shamefully he doesn't turn up until after three quarters of an hour .But its a memorable entrance as Berger,as ever oozing charisma,appears almost like the Grim Reaper menacingly decked out in a huge black gown,however criminally his contribution is way too brief. :)

The movie is rescued to some degree by the finale involving an assault on the barricaded town by Crows men and the chaotic camera angles create a sense of claustrophobia which i found effective,but overall i can only rate this one a disappointing 5 out of 10. :(

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: On The Third Day Arrived The Crow(Gianni Crea,1975)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2007 - 15:06 »

I'd say this was one of the worst Spaghetti's i've seen.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

LANZETTA

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2007 - 15:14 »

Perhaps 5 out of 10 is over generous then! ???

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2007 - 15:19 »

Gianni Crea was also responsible for the cheap Italian crime thriller Non sparate sui Bambini aka Don't Shoot on Children,it seems to have been made with very little money and edited with an axe.Good cast though-Giancarlo Prete(Timothy Brent) and Eleonora Giorgi with music by Stelvio Cipriani.

Jay

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2007 - 23:11 »

Good title, though...

Nico Giraldi

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2008 - 12:11 »

This is possibly the worst spaghetti western I've seen (though Kid Vengeance is maybe even more horrid in spite of LVC). The funny thing about this film is that the massacre in the end is taken from another film, Finders Killers. So the whole scene (20-25 minutes maybe) is there only to make the film longer because it doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the movie. The end of the movie is also very violent which differs from the film's comedic style in the beginning.

magnus

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2008 - 19:04 »

Haha, yes the only good thing with this cheap-o-rama is the title and William Berger who really looks like a scarecrow and despite his mean reputation is gunned down pretty fast. Gianni Crea also made another spaghetti THE LAW OF VIOLENCE, that i haven´t seen, it just so happens that these two are prossibly the most hard to find of all swedish old rental spaghetti vhs....

Canisius

Re: On The Third Day Arrived The Crow (Gianni Crea,1975)
« Reply #7 on: 02 Dec 2008 - 21:12 »

Haha, Gianni Crea's films are certainly "special". Should I consider myself lucky that I haven't had time to watch my German copy of "Crow"? :-\ One thing is for sure: it is nearly impossible outdoing Crea's "Seven savage men" which is definitely THE WORST spaghetti I've come across until now...

Fabio

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2009 - 06:36 »

Oh My God! Saw this one from a friend at the Spaghetti Western DB and wow is it bad. Laughably bad. But fun all the same.

Canisius

« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2009 - 19:03 »

Oh My God! Saw this one from a friend at the Spaghetti Western DB and wow is it bad. Laughably bad. But fun all the same.

Haha, what do you expect? It's Gianni Crea...you get what you pay for!! :-\

Diabolik

• One Just Man
    • Diabolik - European Trash Cinema On Danish Video
« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2009 - 21:34 »

[...]Gianni Crea also made another spaghetti THE LAW OF VIOLENCE, that i haven´t seen, it just so happens that these two are prossibly the most hard to find of all swedish old rental spaghetti vhs....

Same goes for the danish releases!!! :D

/D

Fabio

« Reply #11 on: 28 Oct 2009 - 23:34 »

Haha, what do you expect? It's Gianni Crea...you get what you pay for!! :-\
Luckily I didn't pay anything!

Canisius

« Reply #12 on: 03 Nov 2009 - 22:16 »

[...]Gianni Crea also made another spaghetti THE LAW OF VIOLENCE, that i haven´t seen, it just so happens that these two are prossibly the most hard to find of all swedish old rental spaghetti vhs....

Same goes for the danish releases!!! :D

/D

Two awesome tapes, would love to get my hands on them... ::)

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
Re: On The Third Day Arrived The Crow (Gianni Crea, 1975)
« Reply #13 on: 30 Jun 2013 - 21:44 »

I've been looking for a copy of this. Does Berger get involved with any action, killing anyone?  Or is this like Colt In The Hand Of The Devil with Robert Woods, which is him just walking around his tavern, looking quite badass, but not doing much.
Its Santoni disco time!

mattblake

Re: On The Third Day Arrived The Crow (Gianni Crea, 1975)
« Reply #14 on: 15 Sep 2013 - 08:46 »

In mitigation, there were huge production issues with this film which pretty much ensured that nobody could have made anything half decent.  But it was Gianni Crea, so it would have been crap anyway; the best that can be said for his directorial talents is that he had a knack for a cool title...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.