• 18 Aug 2022 - 05:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Day of Violence / Operazione Kappa: sparate a vista (Luigi Petrini ,1977)  (Read 16217 times)

Stephen Grimes

I have a dvd-r of the UK Cinehollywood tape which is slightly cut.I know some of the rape scene near the start is missing footage but is anything else?I've been told the Dutch version on VFP is complete but are any of the other Cinehollywood tapes from Greece,Sweden etc?

Fotobusta shows director Mario Bianchi who stars uncredited as Insp.Aldo Grandi.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I've only got the UK Cinehollywood version too Stephen but I know someone who will know if there's an uncut version, I'll give him a call and see if I can find anything out.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Right, just got off the phone to my friend and he says that all Cinehollywood versions are cut and the only uncut versions are the releases on VFP and another on a Finnish label. Apparently theres about 2 minutes cut, basically the entire rape scene. He's doing me a DVD-R of his uncut VHS, which I'll have on tuesday...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

The Dutch video for pleasure is the same cut version as the U.K. cinehollywood version (i've still got it somewhere).

I used to have an uncut swedish/danish/finnish??? tape of it but i was offered a ridiculous price and i sold it, unfortunately this was before dvd-r came out.

For some reason it has a photo of Franco Nero from "Day of the cobra" on the cover!!!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

The Dutch video for pleasure is the same cut version as the U.K. cinehollywood version (i've still got it somewhere).

I used to have an uncut swedish/danish/finnish??? tape of it but i was offered a ridiculous price and i sold it, unfortunately this was before dvd-r came out.

For some reason it has a photo of Franco Nero from "Day of the cobra" on the cover!!!

It's the Finnish VHS I'm getting a copy off, I remember that cover! Nero's pointing a gun isn't he?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

It's the Finnish VHS I'm getting a copy off, I remember that cover! Nero's pointing a gun isn't he?
That's the one ::)

Stephen Grimes

Cheers guys,i had a feeling all the Cinehollywood versions were cut.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato

Cheers guys,i had a feeling all the Cinehollywood versions were cut.
I know, it pissed me off.
I had the U.K pre-cert cinehollywood and sold it when i got the Uncut one, when i sold that i bought the video for pleasure release thinking it would have been ok ???

Fray G

This is another i've got on order just now, i believe it'll be the Finnish version. It's whatever Lefteris' website has.

Stephen Grimes

I was watching it again today and still like it though it's not in the same style as a Lenzi/Massi action movie,most of it takes place in a restaurant where they're holding the customers hostage.

Fray G

Is it true that it's one of the nastiest of these? It sounds pretty grim.

Stephen Grimes

Is it true that it's one of the nastiest of these? It sounds pretty grim.
It is fairly sleazy/nasty with people being slapped around and brutalized but doesn't have the gory violence of say CRY OF THE PROSTITUTE.I like it even though i've seen it countless times over the last 10 or so years.

vigilanteforce

This is another i've got on order just now, i believe it'll be the Finnish version. It's whatever Lefteris' website has.

Its the uncut Finnish version!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Here's a synopsis written by one of my friends for a fanzine I did about 15 years ago...

SPOILERS FROM START TO FINISH!

Paolo and Joe are two young men who meet one night while leaving a party. Walking the streets aimlessly they strike up an immediate friendship. Very drunk, Joe confesses he's having trouble getting it up with his girlfriend Anna, "It's like a soggy noodle!" he complains. After smoking some weed and discussing the trivialisations of life (parents, religion and murder) Paolo encourages Joe to try again with his girlfriend so they both go back to her flat. Being such a late hour Anna isn't too keen to let them in so the pair force their way in , Joe immediately starting to grope the unenthusiastic woman who fights back, struggling and shouting. Paolo asks her what the problem is, "He wants to prove he's a man, he has a right!". The commotion brings the middle aged woman from next door knocking to which Paolo calmly answers only to end up dragging her into the room where she is raped along side Anna. As the duo prepare to leave the distraught neighbour grabs a pair of scissors and stabs Paolo in the shoulder, turning and overpowering her he takes the scissors and stabs her deeply in the stomach. The pair quickly leave the scene and whilst they wander aimlessly again on the streets Paolo decides that they should live for the day, to hell with everybody else. But first they need money and lots of it.

Visiting a coffee shop the next day the pair see a newspaper in which they learn they are both wanted for rape and murder, the neighbour died. Joe gets all in a panic so Paolo gives him a few pills and they set off to an old friends house for help. The friend turns out to be an old hippy who refuses to help the fugitives so once again Paolo loses his temper and beats the shit out the guy, stealing his large stash of weed in the process. Taking the hash to the nearest blackmarket gun runner their pair trade the drugs for some guns and ammunition.

Without sparing a thought for common sense they walk straight into a high class restaurant brandishing their weapons and terrorising the customers. Sure enough the Police arrive and immediately the pair give out their ransom demand... One million in gold ingots, a car and a plane to fly them out of the country. All to be delivered within 6 hours or everybody dies.

Tension runs high in the restaurant as Paolo and Joe pop pills and beat several of the frightened hostages. In desperation two of the male customers grab knives and attack them, the ensuing fight results in one of the attackers and another hostage dead and Paolo gets stabbed in the knee. The surviving attacker is shot in both arms by the now psychotic Joe after which he devises some fiendish entertainment to keep his injured friends mind off his pain. The wounded attackers wife and one of the male hostages are ordered to strip and have sex infront of everyone. Sobbing hysterically they comply, a most unromantic spectacle, with Joe constantly criticizing the fumbling mans technique until he can take no more and halts the pathetic show.

Just as the deadline is running out Paolo dies from his wound. The police call to say that car is waiting outside with the gold and the plane is waiting at the airport. Joe emerges from the restaurant with a female hostage as cover but a rooftop sniper manages to shoot him and badly wounded he staggers into the car with the frightened hostage. Screaming maniacally and speeding recklessly he rounds a corner to be met by a bulldozer, the car crashes killing him instantly.

IL COMMISSARIO

I just skimmed over the synopsis and this sounds a winner!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.