• 18 Aug 2022 - 05:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Day of Violence / Operazione Kappa: sparate a vista (Luigi Petrini ,1977)  (Read 16218 times)

Fray G

It's great how this film follows a pair of halfwits as they make a mess of almost every situation they barge their way into, most films of this kind have a ringleader who thinks he has a great plan that will propel them above the rest of the deadbeats (like in Almost Human and Beast with a Gun) and they put a modicum of forethought into what they are going to do. But these two are just your run-of-the-mill eejits that are destined to be caught before they even begin.

Love the scene where they exchange the stolen weed for the guns, Paolo asserts the ganja is 90% pure, and the gunseller takes a bit of it and tastes it for authenticity!

Diabolik

• One Just Man
    • Diabolik - European Trash Cinema On Danish Video

I used to have an uncut swedish/danish/finnish??? [...]
For some reason it has a photo of Franco Nero from "Day of the cobra" on the cover!!!

There are 3 danish releases:

The first is the Cinehollywood release (En Blodig Dag) which is cut, The second is the Walther's Video-release (Voldens Dag) which is identical with the Cinehollywood-release. The third is the DVS-release (Day of Violence - Voldens Dag) which is 'uncut' (this release is missing approx. 3 sec. while putting on a new master and 1 sec. because of we don't know why!!! (all sleaze and nastiness is intact!!) The DVS-release runs 91'01 (3'10 longer than the Walther's Video/Cinehollywood-release) and is letterbox (1,66:1) (Source: Filmtozzen, #3)

Stephen Grimes

Great info Diabolik,many thanks  :P

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Love the scene where they exchange the stolen weed for the guns, Paolo asserts the ganja is 90% pure, and the gunseller takes a bit of it and tastes it for authenticity!

Haha! I love those scenes in these kind of movies, it's like in 'Cry of a Prostitute' where the fat copper with the moustache takes the metal tube that's just been removed from the kids corpse. He unscrews the top, pours out some powder and tastes it... "It's pure Heroin! I'm sure of it!"  :-\

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

The one i had looked the same as this but it was Blue, could it have been Swedish perhaps?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Diabolik

• One Just Man

For some reason it has a photo of Franco Nero from "Day of the cobra" on the cover!!!

The first is the Cinehollywood release (En Blodig Dag) which is cut, The second is the Walther's Video-release (Voldens Dag) which is identical with the Cinehollywood-release. The third is the DVS-release (Day of Violence - Voldens Dag) which is 'uncut' (this release is missing approx. 3 sec. while putting on a new master and 1 sec. because of we don't know why!!! (all sleaze and nastiness is intact!!) The DVS-release runs 91'01 (3'10 longer than the Walther's Video/Cinehollywood-release) and is letterbox (1,66:1) (Source: Filmtozzen, #3)

Whoops, my bad!!! I forgot!!!
There's in fact 4 danish releases; The 4th is also a DVD-release... Only difference between the 2 DVD-releases is the backgroundcolor on the cover; 1 is yellow and the other is darkgreen!!!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Great info Diabolik! I love this kind of info it's just what we need on here. Any chance you could go through the whole forum and post cover scans in each thread?  ::)

Diabolik

• One Just Man

Great info Diabolik! I love this kind of info it's just what we need on here. Any chance you could go through the whole forum and post cover scans in each thread?  ::)

Well, I've thought about it, but I discarded the thought, because you all might take me for a geek!!!   :-*
But if you want it, it can be my new project?  :D

NB: Fair Warning; It's only going to be danish releases!!!!

/Diabolik

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Well, I've thought about it, but I discarded the thought, because you all might take me for a geek!!!   :-*
But if you want it, it can be my new project?  :D

NB: Fair Warning; It's only going to be danish releases!!!!

/Diabolik

Mate, I was sort of joking but I'd love for you to do it if you want to, I don't care about it being Danish only releases. It's quality info and would be a great help for the forum.

I'll certainly not call you a geek mate! And take your time, no rush. Really appreciate it!  :P

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Is the Danish dvd original? If it is i want one, do you know how i can get hold of one? :-\

There's in fact 4 danish releases; The 4th is also a DVD-release... Only difference between the 2 DVD-releases is the backgroundcolor on the cover; 1 is yellow and the other is darkgreen!!!
Is the dvd original?
If so where can i get one? :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Diabolik

• One Just Man

Is the dvd original?
If so where can i get one? :-\

Ahhh, f*ck!!! Sorry, I meant DVS... I did the reply while at work, so I had to hurry!!! Sorry for the misinformation!!!!  :(

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

A friend of mine copied me a DVD-R of this film from his uncut Danish VHS. After the feature there was a short sequence of clips resembling some kind of rough trailer. The clip had no sound so I added a track from the films score and upped it to youtube.

I left the track running in it's entirety as it's a quality bit of music. Anyone spot any alternate takes in this 'trailer'?

'Day of Violence' trailer

Mart85

Nice one Jonny.  Would love to see this one get the proper DVD treatment.

Stephen Grimes

That's blinding mate,looking forward to my fully uncut dvd-r of this.
A lot of the footage of the police car driving around Rome isn't in the film or the mugshots of Paolo or Joe.It appears they put some of the unused footage in the trailer.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

That's blinding mate,looking forward to my fully uncut dvd-r of this.
A lot of the footage of the police car driving around Rome isn't in the film or the mugshots of Paolo or Joe,looks like they put some of the unused footage in the trailer.

Cool, my mate thought it had a fair bit of exclusive footage. Makes this quite an interesting find. I'll stick a DVD quality version of it in with your other stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.