• 15 Nov 2019 - 09:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concorde Affair / Concorde Affaire '79 (Ruggero Deodato, 1979)  (Read 2000 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Moses Brody (James Franciscus) is a reporter finds himself in too deep when he discovers that a rival airline company to the Concorde sabotaged one of the planes causing a disaster, he tries to find out what's going on before another Concorde mysteriously crashes.

Not seen this since I had the old VTC tape, Blu Ray overall looks ok but shows it's limitations here and there.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

I spent a couple of days with the director of photography of this film not that long ago... He reckoned this film could have been a "huge international success", if only the producer had spent a little bit more money on it. He seemed quite cut up about it to be honest...

Tanzi, is the film actually any good? Just curious because I'm usually a sucker for 70's disaster films...
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Tanzi, is the film actually any good? Just curious because I'm usually a sucker for 70's disaster films...
It's pretty good, not fantastic but not bad either, definitely worth a watch I'd say. It's not really a disaster film, more a "reporter on the case" sort of thing if you know what I mean (with a bit of violence here and there).

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

I first caught this many years ago through a German television screening and found it to be very enjoyable. Deodato is one of those rare directors who manages to do good work in pretty much all kinds of different genres, and this is a nice little suspense film. It also boasts a fantastic Stelvio Cipriani soundtrack, good photography and attractive locations and a very good cast. It does indeed suffer from some budgetary constraints, which leads to a lot of Concorde stock footage and unconvincing model work but that's part of the charm with these old European productions, I think. It's not a masterpiece but it's enjoyable and well worth a look!

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action

Ascot elite, the blu ray should be worth the buy ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 34 queries.