• 05 Jul 2020 - 23:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Man with No Name Trilogy 4K Remastered Edition Blu-ray  (Read 4034 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I was reading about that a few weeks, Can't remember where but it was saying only GBU is a 4k remaster and the others are what's available already (don't know how true this is mind so don't quote me), they've said the same about the forthcoming Rocky box set, only Rocky is a 4k remaster and the rest are the HS masters out already (which is kind of a blessing as I bought them on Blu ages ago but haven't watched them properly, only checked them out).

I hate the "Man with no name" tag these films were given by the Yanks.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I was reading about that a few weeks, Can't remember where but it was saying only GBU is a 4k remaster and the others are what's available already (don't know how true this is mind so don't quote me), they've said the same about the forthcoming Rocky box set, only Rocky is a 4k remaster and the rest are the HS masters out already (which is kind of a blessing as I bought them on Blu ages ago but haven't watched them properly, only checked them out).

I hate the "Man with no name" tag these films were given by the Yanks.

Cool, I guess we'll just have to wait until the specs are given before we know for sure. I don't have any of them on Blu so I'll wait a bit before picking any of "The Man With No Name" trilogy up on Blu-ray.  :D
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action

These 4k remasters are pretty pointless and Sony (amongst some others) have been scanning their films in 4k for years anyway. Until their is 4k Blu ray, they're won't be much benefit, except for a small upgrade for those who have huge very expensive 4k sets

gnorthcott

Unless of course the existing hd transfers are problematic, these three films don't exactly look great at present so I will definitely upgrade. Would be great if they put the original mono tracks back on as that would be a good selling point

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I don't really care if I can watch it in 4K I'm just happy these films are being preserved for future reference!

Mark (UK)

• Special Cop In Action

Still hoping to find a blu version of TGTB&TU without the "lost footage" added. I much prefer the shorter version.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Still hoping to find a blu version of TGTB&TU without the "lost footage" added. I much prefer the shorter version.
I prefer it too, the other scenes are better off as extras, if they put them in the film why didn't they put the longer Tuco beating in?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

medway garage

Agreed the shorter version plays better, hope they include both cuts and keep John Kirk as far away from this restoration project as humanly possible, also lets have the proper mono tracks without those ridiculous sounding gun shots. Surely they can't fuck up the blu rays twice.....

GBU has a better chance of them getting it right, i'm pretty sure the negative is in the US, I believe the negatives for the other two films are in Italy. The Italian blu for 'Fistful of Dollars' would be very hard to beat ! The German blu for 'For a Few Dollars More' is complete, there is however room for improvement.....I remain sceptical that Fox will get this right !

Collins

• Special Cop In Action

You would think these films will continue to be preserved and modified long after we are all dead. They are a landmark in cinema.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.