• 18 Oct 2018 - 21:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morbo (Gonzalo Suárez, 1972)  (Read 1524 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Morbo (Gonzalo Suárez, 1972)
« on: 16 Mar 2014 - 09:14 »

A newlywed couple’s road trip into the countryside grows stranger and stranger and then a deranged Michael J. Pollard shows up, wandering out of the wilderness and clutching a stolen wedding dress...

The Spanish DVD has been fansubbed and I'm going to try and give it a look tonight. Anyone seen this? I'd not heard of it until this week when someone mentioned the soundtrack to me.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

alan tozer

• Almost Human
Re: Morbo (Gonzalo Suárez, 1972)
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2014 - 15:49 »

Only seen it in Spanish but liked it. Quite experimental in execution but a real curiosity and well worth your time. Has anybody seen Suarez's Al Diablo Con Amor also starring Belen and Manuel?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2014 - 19:19 »

Enjoyed it, still not 100% on what was going on but well worth a look. How the hell did Michael J Pollard end up in this?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

MelissaMerli

• Almost Human
  • Slightly off since childhood...
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2014 - 01:48 »

Spoilers...

This is a really cool film.  A review or two I read in the past apparently saw a different film though...*L*  It was described as a rape revenge flick and that is anything but the truth.  Thus, I was surprised by the fact it's a dialouge driven plot centering on relationships and how ugly they can become.  Of course, there is a lot more detail than that but it has nothing to do with physical rape.

I have a CD-R of the soundtrack.  Good stuff!! 
"I'm a damn good hunter you know.  Wherever you go you'll have a piece of meat every day."  Tomas Milian as Chaco
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.