• 07 Dec 2019 - 23:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Two Faces Of Fear / Coartada en disco rojo (Tulio Demicheli, 1972)  (Read 5599 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

aka I due volti della paura

Interesting, though rather slow and bloodless Gialli from the director of 'Ricco'. Plays out more like an episode of Columbo with Fernado Rey playing Peter Falk's eccentric Policeman.

Any fans of this one? I must admit to enjoying Rey in this, very funny at times especially the play on the fact he's recently given up smoking and his short temper because of it, most notably where he's in a room with three doctors who are all smoking and he goes nuts at them because he was told by his Doctor to quit smoking yet here he is in a room full of Doctors and they're all at it!

Widescreen copy from a Greek VHS is all I have, not that great a copy either.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

This VHS was on the IVC label which was probably the first Greek video company ever. Only a few copies of this tape exist, must be less than 5. I have never seen it in any video store and I know it sells for over 500 Euros. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this is the only English-speaking print.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I've not seen it in any other version, also my copy has no title card and is missing George Hilton's credit during the opening titles sequence. Are all copies like this or is it just a mistake made by whoever made the DVD-R dupe from the VHS?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

Not a bad little film but considering it has a giallo dream cast, and is directed by the guy who made RICCO, it does fall somewhat short of my expectations.

The problem is that the film is a tad too slow and doesn't manage to build up a lot of thrills until late i the proceedings. Also, there are only four suspects and no clear protagonist we can root for. It gets better after a while, though. I particularly like the sequence where Luciana Paluzzi is stalked through town, and her character's heart condition is makes the last third quite suspenseful (indeed, the whole heart condition plot is handled a lot better than in the lackluster NAKED GIRL KILLED IN PARK) and the sequence at the hospital certainly grabbed my attention.

The film also looks good, has great music and strong performances by Rey and Paluzzi, who it is great to finally see in a substantial role (in many of her Euro films she was wasted in useless supporting roles). Seeing the film in a better-looking edition certainly wouldn't hurt. I believe there's an Italian VHS release too.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Looks like you're right about the Italian VHS Johan. Just looked it up over at B Cult

http://www.bcult.it/scheda.asp?Id=8561

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Just received an English language fan dub of a nice OAR print which has Spanish opening and closing titles. Not sure of the source for this, maybe a Spanish DVD? It isn't 16:9 enhanced, I cropped off the black bars myself to save space but it looks very nice indeed.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Yes, I also have the same version Jonny, dual Spanish & English audio. Very nice print and the best I've seen this film looking to date.

giallo joe

Where the hell can I get a copy from?..God dammit.

Canneloni Macaroni

You sure this is a dvdrip from a spanish dvd? I've googled and found a satrip... I haven't seen a dvd under the title Coartada en disco rojo anywhere. Not even oop.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Yeah, it's from a satrip.

"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

Moreover, I'm almost sure it's taken from a satellite channel here in Spain. Don't know what channel, though... All the best.

Strigoyu

• Almost Human

Any clue as to the source of that nice rip? Regards, mates!!

Canneloni Macaroni

Hate when you have to be on a torrent-site to get it. ;-( I'm not on CG. Anyone who are that and might be able to help me with a dvd?

drbutcherm

• Anonymous Avenger

If you guys are still looking for the widescreen English dub, I have it on dvd-r.  mariobavafan@yahoo.com  Please send me your want lists as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.