• 06 Dec 2019 - 11:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow / Le Cugine (1969, Gianfranco Baldanello)  (Read 6170 times)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Yellow / Le Cugine (1969, Gianfranco Baldanello)
« Reply #15 on: 24 Feb 2015 - 21:01 »

Interesting, I didn't know about the German promo materials.

While I understand why the rights holders make stipulations about language and subs, you just have to wonder how they reason with a title like this? I mean, how many copies can a distributor realistically expect to sell of Yellow/Le Cugine?
It a niche title in a niche genre. Like you say, I'm sure we'll get a custom version (which is great), but I'd much rather have an English friendly retail version on my shelf.

A more obvious approach would have been a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds to pay for the Italian audio track.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine
« Reply #16 on: 24 Feb 2015 - 21:12 »

A more obvious approach would have been a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds to pay for the Italian audio track.

Now that would have been a good idea!
I wonder how much money we're talking about in a case like this?

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2015 - 08:21 »

If it had Italian, i'd grab it.

Where is the best place for DE releases? Ideally easy to navigate, in English and excepts paypal, bank payment (not bloody transfers!!)  :P

BeyondMedia is awesome but it is such a pain to navigate through and to find interesting blus.

... this release is listed in this weeks beyond media mailing list email.

I've ordered from the, twice. Ive relied on knowing a release is available widely to'preorder, then I just email to arrange - another way in which they're slow, as a reply can take a day or two.

They are a great company. Just the website kind of sucks. Often there are some Blus for peanuts of some obscure flick, or JCVD flick or something, but to see them you have to click through a million pages.
Dig that groove baby.

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #18 on: 25 Feb 2015 - 09:14 »

Where is the best place for DE releases? Ideally easy to navigate, in English and excepts paypal, bank payment (not bloody transfers!!)  :P

BeyondMedia is awesome but it is such a pain to navigate through and to find interesting blus.

I've ordered from the, twice. Ive relied on knowing a release is available widely to'preorder, then I just email to arrange - another way in which they're slow, as a reply can take a day or two.

They are a great company. Just the website kind of sucks. Often there are some Blus for peanuts of some obscure flick, or JCVD flick or something, but to see them you have to click through a million pages.

...  sure, but you'd be on a hiding to nothing, trying to tell them. i've tried looking through, but as good as germany is for obscure films on BD, i've not got the energy or inclination to try that hard.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #19 on: 25 Feb 2015 - 09:31 »

...  sure, but you'd be on a hiding to nothing, trying to tell them. i've tried looking through, but as good as germany is for obscure films on BD, i've not got the energy or inclination to try that hard.

They need to localize the site, add tags for Directors, Labels, Actors, add suggested disks, change the product categories so we have more levels, etc.

Lol but you're right, swimming through the site is not feasible.  :P
Dig that groove baby.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #20 on: 10 Apr 2015 - 18:27 »

Just received my Blu-ray from Chris who worked on this release with Ascot - and here are some caps from 'Yellow: Le Cugine'.

Compared to the Italian telecine it looks amazing. The source materials in the Ascot labs are obviously in miles better shape and what little wear and tear I noticed looks like it's at reel changes - but even then, it's nothing to complain about. A year ago this film was considered 'lost' and now we have a beautiful Blu-Ray transfer and all the materials to restore it... I never thought this would happen.

Disappointing it doesn't include the Italian audio track but a brisk run through the subs and they look fine.

It clocks in at 1:28 so you also have what appears to be an uncut print - with an additional 10 minutes of footage. I've no idea what it might be but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

It goes to show there are some good guys out there (and believe me, it's easy to lose faith in most of these companies). Thanks Chris, I owe you one - if you ever need my help just drop me an email.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 33 queries.