• 09 Aug 2020 - 09:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Nightcomers (Michael Winner, 1971)  (Read 2280 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
The Nightcomers (Michael Winner, 1971)
« on: 18 Sep 2014 - 01:55 »

Marlon Brando’s BAFTA-nominated performance dominates this atmospheric, sexually charged feature from a golden age of British horror, directed by Michael Winner and also starring Stephanie Beacham in her first major film role.

Visually stunning in a brand-new transfer from the original film elements, The Nightcomers sketches a prequel to Henry James’ classic Gothic novella The Turn of the Screw, with Brando in typically compelling form as the servant whose disturbing, magnetic presence exerts a corrupting hold over the occupants of a country estate.

Following the deaths of their parents, Flora and Miles are left in the care of repressed governess Miss Jessel, and housekeeper Mrs Grose. But it is Peter Quint, the malevolent Irish servant, who truly rules the household; Miss Jessel, equally repulsed and fascinated by Quint, is drawn into a secret sadomasochistic affair with him, while Flora and Miles are increasingly in his thrall…

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: The Nightcomers (Michael Winner, 1971)
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2014 - 09:50 »

This one really seems to divide people but I really like it. Well worth checking out.

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2014 - 11:41 »

One of the Winner's I still haven't seen.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2014 - 12:09 »

One of the Winner's I still haven't seen.

There's a fair few I've not seen - The Games, Chato's Land, Lawnman, Scream for Help, the Wicked Lady, Appointment with Death, Chorus od Disapproval. Pretty sure I've seen everything else though.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 34 queries.