• 22 Mar 2017 - 23:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (Massimo Dallamano, 1974)  (Read 7575 times)

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

Massimo Dallamano's masterpiece (aka LA POLIZIA CHIEDE AIUTO), one of your all-time favorites, will soon be released as the No. 16 of our Italian Genre Cinema Collection on Blu-ray and DVD.

More details soon!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Massimo Dallamano's masterpiece (aka LA POLIZIA CHIEDE AIUTO), one of your all-time favorites, will soon be released as the No. 16 of our Italian Genre Cinema Collection on Blu-ray and DVD.

More details soon!

Excellent news!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Another must have release. I wonder when will we get WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO SOLANGE? on Blu? Surely the rights can't be too expensive on this one if Redemption were able to release it on VHS all those years ago.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

That doesn't mean much these days :)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

My favourite Dallamano.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

Now we can finally disclose this: A few weeks ago we recorded an audio commentary for WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS? with one of the most important German filmmakers and genre afficionado Domink Graf as well as our dear friend Marcus Stiglegger!

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

We've uncovered a little sensation for WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS?: Next to the negative there was also a small reel of footage we just scanned -- and what is on it? Completely bizarre hardcore scenes which were presumably shot for the French market during the production of the film! They actually make total sense within the context of the movie and will be part of the bonus section of the disc.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Wow, that's a fascinating discovery... Shaping up to be the definitive version.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

We've uncovered a little sensation for WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS?: Next to the negative there was also a small reel of footage we just scanned -- and what is on it? Completely bizarre hardcore scenes which were presumably shot for the French market during the production of the film! They actually make total sense within the context of the movie and will be part of the bonus section of the disc.

Wow, who would have thought it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

boxcutter

• Almost Human

Sounds cool, but will there be an option to branch the scenes into the movie?

logboy

• Almost Human

Sounds cool, but will there be an option to branch the scenes into the movie?

i'd prefer that. UK culture has tended to be a search for a more complete version of the film, from my experience. that said, i can imagine some are so used to a particular version, or they have a sense that they've always been watching a complete version, that they wouldn't want it changed. depends how well it can be branched, i guess.

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

It can't be branched at all. There's no sound for these 5 Minutes. They are random shots, uncut, unedited. We have no idea where they were meant to appear in the movie. It's really raw footage, something very unique.

logboy

• Almost Human

It can't be branched at all. There's no sound for these 5 Minutes. They are random shots, uncut, unedited. We have no idea where they were meant to appear in the movie. It's really raw footage, something very unique.

... i'm not that keen on the film, so wouldn't be buying it again anyway, but i did look at the trailer to remind myself of it a little more - there's a sequence early in the trailer that has a recorded phone call / conversation (?), and your screen shot looked like it would serve as part of a flashback to accompany that. wouldn't be surprised if sound wasn't needed, but i also remember that sound was often not recorded at all on set for italian productions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkB8I1hGWTw

CameraObscura

• Special Cop In Action

Sound was basically never recorded. And since the scenes were never used, no sound was ever created for them.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action

Not to mention inserting ( pardon the pun ) hardcore scenes back into a film could disturb the faint of heart ( or potentially cause distribution issues ). 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.689 seconds with 20 queries.