• 08 Dec 2019 - 00:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Dolls for an August Moon (Sync Issue)  (Read 5175 times)

jimm

• Almost Human
Five Dolls for an August Moon (Sync Issue)
« on: 29 Feb 2016 - 16:58 »

Sorry if i haven't headed this correctly chaps , has anyone else had a sync issue with Arrow's five dolls for an August moon Blu-Ray?. It happens on the English Dub about 1:03.40 into the film and stays out of sync until the prison scene so roughly about 11-12 mins out of sync. The Italian track is fine and doesn't have this problem , just wondered if it was my disc or has others noticed this?. Thanks fellas.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Five Dolls for an August Moon (Sync Issue)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2016 - 18:25 »

I don't have it so can't check I'm afraid
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2016 - 19:14 »

I've only viewed it with the Italian track I'm afraid. I don't think it's been reported elsewhere which by now it normally would have been.

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #3 on: 29 Feb 2016 - 22:18 »

With respect Jamiouse and if you don't mind and do manage to get a few mins spare if you could possibly check for me that would be great and very much appreciated. As i am holding off contacting Arrow directly until i know if it is an isolated issue. If it is on every release then i'll stick with it. Perhaps i am a little OCD but it is very noticeable even the bullets shots are out of sync. It is odd as everything is fine until that 1h3m40s mark. It starts just after the reel change/fade. My initial thoughts are that it is just the way the soundtrack is. It gets corrected at the last few lines of dialogue in the film.

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2016 - 22:10 »

Please can someone check the Eng Dub at that point on theirs  :P can't seem to get any replies to the issue fellas. With respect.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2016 - 09:57 »

I'll have a check tonight for you jimm.

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2016 - 11:28 »

Thank you , really appreciated mate.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2016 - 18:35 »

I've just checked the English dub and there is a problem, the whole scene where the three characters come to and realise they've been drugged and the following scenes upto the gun fight in the walk-in fridge are out of sync and not just loosely dubbed but 3-5 seconds out of sync. So there is a definate problem.

jimm

• Almost Human
« Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2016 - 21:04 »

Thank you for checking for me , with respect i raised the issue because it is very noticeable and it did spoil the film during those out of sync scenes. Not a massive issue as the Italian dub isn't affected but still a disappointing error. I will keep mine anyway as it looks like it is on every Blu-Ray so i haven't a dodgy disc or anything. But you have put my mind at rest and you are the only person to have checked for me on several threads and i am very grateful for your reply  - Big thanks to you buddy.  :P. Sorry that we all have to suffer this minor flaw though  ???

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #9 on: 03 Mar 2016 - 09:05 »

It could be a replication problem or something. Arrow definetly need make aware of it if they aren't already and their choosing to ignore it.

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man
« Reply #10 on: 03 Mar 2016 - 10:36 »

looks like my purchasing the USA release of this from Kino wasn't a complete loss, after all.

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2016 - 18:07 »

Have you contacted the product email address as suggested by Arrow Jimm? It could be an issue with the first pressing, I ordered direct from Arrow so mine should be a first pressing disc.

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #12 on: 09 Mar 2016 - 09:48 »

Companies really need BETTER fandubbers, how many italian flicks been fucked up with audio synch problems ? iam still keeping my old dvds because of problematic blu-ray..

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #13 on: 11 Mar 2016 - 14:34 »

So Arrow knows but doesn't care. 
Very odd as Kino got a version with sync sound, and it would make sense Arrow got the very same source.  Someone at Bluray mention that the Arrow English track has been de noised and is cleaner than the one found on the Kino BD, cleaning up the pops and crackles may be how Arrow went astray.  Something doesn't add up here.
Their take on the issue:( replying to an email alerting them to the problem )
"Indeed there's a section that appears out of sync after the hour mark. This is how the master was delivered to us.

We've queried this issue many times and were made aware that the ADR was as is. I understand your frustration as it sometimes goes beyond the usual bad Italian ADR we're all used to but I can assure you there was nothing we could have done to fix that section without butchering the rest of the track.

We had lengthy talks regarding this matter - amongst ourselves and with the master's supplier - debating what should be done and eventually decided to leave it as it was delivered. All in all this was the best option we could go for.
"

Strigoyu

• Almost Human
« Reply #14 on: 11 Mar 2016 - 14:46 »

I'm pretty sure Arrow got the same master that Kino. However, I think Arrow took the worst solution, since they should have asked for a new copy of that master, this time with the correct synchronization of the Italian track. Whenever you pay for something, you must get what's expected, and not a faulty transfer. That's my opinion.

Anyway, I'd also like to say that this issue should not tarnish Arrow's good reputation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 33 queries.