• 03 Apr 2020 - 16:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (Dario Argento, 1969)  (Read 26501 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (Dario Argento, 1969)
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jan 2008 - 11:31 »

Johan, the Medusa and BU discs piss all over the VCI release, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

zykl0nb

« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2008 - 19:02 »

Yes the BU disc was an improvement, but I think I also attribute my newfound appreciation for this movie simply to my changing taste in movies.  Perhaps when I first watched it I just didn't fully "get" it.  I certainly didn't know who Mario Adorf was the first time I watched  ;D

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #17 on: 06 Nov 2008 - 06:35 »

Blue Underground's Blu-ray release has been scheduled for 24th February. This is exciting news as this marks the first appearance of a classic giallo on the high definition format.

Technical specifications include: DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 7.1 Surround and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Surround in English and an Italian track with spec TBC.

The extras seem to be cribbed from the BU 2 disc DVD and include the Alan Jones/Kim Newman commentary and several featurettes.

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

zykl0nb

« Reply #18 on: 30 Nov 2008 - 18:56 »

I'll definitely be picking it up on Bluray

K August

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jan 2009 - 18:15 »

This is pretty much tied for my favorite Argento film.  ;)

I watched Bird again the other day and was floored with what Dario achieved his first time out. Almost everything in this film clicks. I also think Vittorio's beautiful cinematography is a stand out. I enjoy seeing all the bits of yellow that pop up in the film too. This film is far superior to the novel it was based on, and I never get tired of watching it.

Whenever I get a blue ray player (preferably one that's multi-region and upconverts standard dvds), this is first on my list. I've got the VCI right now, so I won't upgrade until my player is upgraded.

Fabio

« Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2009 - 02:48 »

Just saw this one. Great movie! Has most of myfavorite elements of Gialli. Wonderful suspense and some really odd yet intweresting and entertaining characters. Liked Tony Musante in his role a lot.

5/5

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #21 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 11:51 »

Just a heads up to say that Diabolik DVD have some copies of the OOP Blue Underground Blu-ray in stock...

6 Left apparently CLICK HERE
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #22 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 11:54 »

Just a heads up to say that Diabolik DVD have some copies of the OOP Blue Underground Blu-ray in stock...

6 Left apparently CLICK HERE

I had no idea it was out of print, I just commented on it being OOP in the other thread.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #23 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 11:57 »

I had no idea it was out of print
Me neither.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #24 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 11:59 »

I had no idea it was out of print, I just commented on it being OOP in the other thread.

Might be worth snapping up some copies as I'd imagine a lot of people will want it now that the details of the Arrow transfer have come out.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 12:01 »

Might be worth snapping up some copies as I'd imagine a lot of people will want it now that the details of the Arrow transfer have come out.

I've already got one but would certainly encourage those that haven't to get one. The extras are good too  :-X

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #26 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 12:03 »

...apart from the brainwashed who will no doubt try to justify to themselves that the new aspect ratio is better. i.e. "I prefer the new ratio, it fits in my telly better" or some similar nonsense  :D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

CJ

« Reply #27 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 14:47 »

Phew! Glad I've got the BU Blu-ray of this stashed safely in my BD collection. I am surprised, though, that this has gone OOP relatively quickly, since BD is just about gaining ground now. This will no doubt become a highly sought after disc in time to come - but they can't have mine!!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #28 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 15:03 »

Phew! Glad I've got the BU Blu-ray of this stashed safely in my BD collection. I am surprised, though, that this has gone OOP relatively quickly, since BD is just about gaining ground now. This will no doubt become a highly sought after disc in time to come - but they can't have mine!!

It was probably a case of BU knowing it was about to go out of licence and just getting it out to sell as many as they could in the timeframe.

CJ

« Reply #29 on: 25 Mar 2011 - 23:54 »

It was probably a case of BU knowing it was about to go out of licence and just getting it out to sell as many as they could in the timeframe.

Of course, I was forgetting they'd licensed the film sometime before the BD came out. Aren't BD rights given under a different license though? Or is it just a case of licensing the film and you can put it out in whatever format you choose?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 34 queries.