• 22 Aug 2017 - 03:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Superuomini, superdonne, superbotte (Alfonso Brescia, 1975)  (Read 9492 times)

fdsmedia

I was very happy to find that this gem will get its DVD world premiere in September courtesy of German label Simpel Movie - with English audio option!. Just like the other German releases it will be available in 3 different covers, one of them a large hardbox limited to 333 copies - it has really ugly artwork though. The one with the white cover will be mine!!  ::)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Cool! Thanks for the heads up Magnus! Never seen this film but I'll be getting a copy, sounds nuts. The soundtrack's a killer btw!  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

fdsmedia

My copy shipped from DTM today!! I noticed they have the limited edition version in stock at Xploited.

fdsmedia

Fuck I just heard that this film will be released on DVD in Japan on October 5. The German DVD has AR 1.66:1 and the Japanese is 2.35:1... no English options, though. Maybe one could take the English audio from the German DVD and mix it with the video from the Japanese DVD...  :-*

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Fuck I just heard that this film will be released on DVD in Japan on October 5. The German DVD has AR 1.66:1 and the Japanese is 2.35:1... no English options, though. Maybe one could take the English audio from the German DVD and mix it with the video from the Japanese DVD...  :-*

that might be hard, considering once's a PAL source and the other NTSC.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

Wouldn't it be possible to solve with a 4% slowdown/speedup? I can do almost anything with my software  :'(

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Wouldn't it be possible to solve with a 4% slowdown/speedup? I can do almost anything with my software  :'(

It should be possible, I've done it before. It'd be a lot easier if both prints are identical though.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

IL COMMISSARIO

Is the above pic from Brescia's BATTLE OF THE AMAZONS? I take it this SUPERMEN entry is a Shaw Brother's co-production considering Yue Hua is in the film as he was under contract with them during this time. The Shaw's did their own series entitled SUPERMEN OF ASIA with Lo Lieh. Is this Brescia film any good? I was eyeballing it last week. A friend has a number of these on german VHS with no english.

fdsmedia

The cover to the left is supposed to be Superuomini Superdonne Superbotte, but I can't find any supermen.. so it seems like they have taken the artwork from Battle of the Amazons. The cover to the right is Terence Young's Le guerriere dal seno nudo aka War Goddess.

IL COMMISSARIO

Thanks fdsmedia. Can you tell me if this is in fact a Shaw co-pro? I'm assuming it is as I've never known them to lease their contract actors out without having some involvement in the film. That's a shame about the AR, though. I'll probably still pick this up soon.

fdsmedia

Re: Superuomini, superdonne, superbotte (Alfonso Brescia, 1975)
« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 21:03 »

yes the Shaw Brothers are involved in this production - it's a silly film, and very entertaining.  :-X 

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 21:55 »

Do you know how many Shaw Brothers/Italian co-productions there are, isn't "THE STRANGER AND THE GUNFIGHTER" by Antonio Margheriti one of them

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 22:06 »

No, but there are quite a few as well as numerous Shaw German co-productions like ENTER THE SEVEN VIRGINS and VIRGINS OF THE SEVEN SEAS. None of these will be released by Celestial because of rights issues. I think I posted a review of STRANGER & THE GUNFIGHTER in the spag forum.

I did see a behind the scenes clip of a Shaw-italian co-pro but I don't know the name. The narrator was discussing the production and showed some of the Italian actors performing martial arts scenes.

Evelyn Kraft did a number of movies for them as well.

fdsmedia

« Reply #13 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 17:03 »

I received the German DVD by Simpel Movie today... browsed through it quickly.. One weird thing is that the opening titles are in 2.35:1 but after one minute the aspect ratio gradually changes during 10 seconds into 1.66:1. The quality is not pristine but quite nice. Unfortunately, the German print is about 6 minutes shorter than the American version, and these minutes are in the extras taken from a 1.66:1 VHS source with severe tracking issues in the beginning.

I'll probably try to track down a copy of the Japanese DVD too, since this film has a special place in my heart!  8)

tilapia

« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2007 - 20:31 »

My finnish tape is boxed at 2:35:1 and has english audio. I'm glad I didn't sell it as soon I heard a DVD was coming up...

A joyeus, totally ridicoulous and 100% loveable superhero/amazon/comedy-romp for young and old - easily one of my italian favorites! The predecessor BATTLE OF THE AMAZONS is fine but not nearly as entertaining.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 20 queries.