• 09 Dec 2019 - 11:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Road (Andrea Arnold, 2006)  (Read 2508 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Red Road (Andrea Arnold, 2006)
« on: 24 Aug 2007 - 10:41 »

One of the more under-appreciated films of 2006 - what a great film! Seriously guys, this is one film you need to check out. I won't say any more than that; the less you know, the more you're going to appreciate it.

From what I've read, this is the first part of a proposed 'trilogy' - can't see it being a trilogy in the traditional sense, more like three films linked thematically with subtle connections, like Kieslowski's THREE COLOURS - of course, this is only an assumption based on what I've seen in the first film.

While we're talking about Kieslowski, I will say that RED ROAD is quite similar to THREE COLOURS BLUE. There's definitely an influence there.

Damn, RED ROAD is good!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Richard C

Re: Red Road (Andrea Arnold, 2006)
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2007 - 12:41 »

One of the more under-appreciated films of 2006 - what a great film! Seriously guys, this is one film you need to check out. I won't say any more than that; the less you know, the more you're going to appreciate it.

From what I've read, this is the first part of a proposed 'trilogy' - can't see it being a trilogy in the traditional sense, more like three films linked thematically with subtle connections, like Kieslowski's THREE COLOURS - of course, this is only an assumption based on what I've seen in the first film.

While we're talking about Kieslowski, I will say that RED ROAD is quite similar to THREE COLOURS BLUE. There's definitely an influence there.

Damn, RED ROAD is good!
Watched this the other night Paul and I have to agree with you it's a great film that deserves all the attention it can get. It's a very brooding piece and for most of the film you are left in the dark as to why the CCTV operator "spies" on one particular bloke (we get only morsels of information at first). Thought the lead actress was superb and the grimey, underclass high-rises of Glasgow(?) were used to great effect. Worth a rent at least.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2007 - 14:06 »

It's brilliant, itn't it? Can't imagine it's languid pacing is to all tastes but it's very rewarding for those with patience.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 22:17 »

I am in agreement, an excellent film that demands a second viewing to pick all of the clues on offer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 35 queries.