• 11 Dec 2019 - 09:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Match Point (Woody Allen, 2005)  (Read 1898 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Match Point (Woody Allen, 2005)
« on: 24 Aug 2007 - 10:49 »

In almost every review or article I've seen written on the film, much has been made of Woody shooting this, his first film in London and not in his native New York. Well, I'm happy to say that this is not the only departure - it really is like nothing he has made before and a hugely satisfying film. To say any more than that would diminish the film's element of surprise but suffice to say, even those that don't particularly like Allen's brand of filmmaking are in for a treat too.

MATCH POINT features a top notch cast - Scarlett Johanssen, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Brian Cox, Penelope Wilton, James Nesbitt, Ewan Bremner and Colin Salmon. Even a couple of the LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN pop up in blink or you'll miss them cameos. I cannot stress how much enjoyable this film is and would recommend it unreservedly – especially to giallo enthusiasts.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.