• 05 Mar 2021 - 19:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Monster aka I Don't Want To Be Born (Peter Sasdy, 1975)  (Read 7087 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: The Monster aka I Don't Want To Be Born (Peter Sasdy, 1975)
« Reply #15 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 08:00 »

Just MONSTER, mate - the other two have been re-released by Network DVD already - they are HANDS OF THE RIPPER and THE UNCANNY.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

tigerheart76

« Reply #16 on: 07 Sep 2007 - 10:51 »

I remember seeing this very late one night when I was in my teens and just laughing at it - I think it might've worked better as a horror if they'd had someone other than Joan Collins in the lead role... :-*

dracucarr

« Reply #17 on: 07 Sep 2007 - 11:43 »

Hey guys, I wish some of you would post these positive comments over at Anchor Bay  ::). I have championed this for a while now, and even though it is highly flawed to the point where it gives you the constant giggles, I just really get off on the entertainment factor. Ralph Bates and Donald Pleasence who are typically excellent get 2 of the greatest screen deaths by one of the most unlikliest of killers. I can watch those scenes over and over, and have done many times  :-\. That rape sequence is really laughably done aswell, but for all I can enjoy Bates' bad Italian accent, Caroline Munro is really irritating. She is effective when she is more mute like she was in Captain Kronos, but IDWTBB and Maniac have shown me that she isn't a very good actress. Presentation though: 10/10! This isn't a very good horror film, but it gets a high score for entertainment.

Thanks for the news on the Network release. The cover can't be any worse than the one I have at the moment. Fingers crossed for extras, but I doubt there'll be any  :(

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 07:19 »

I forgot I used to have this under the title THE DEVIL WITHIN HER.  :-*

Vaughan

« Reply #19 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 10:31 »

This has some of the best theatrical art ever.  I wish I had a scanner big enough to post it on here.  But it's amazing.  I bought it a while back.  The movie is really bad, and yes you can laugh AT it, trouble is, I can't laugh WITH it.  Which is why i don't truly rate it very highly.  It would be easy enough to write a comedic review or something though.  Maybe that's a plus?

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #20 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 10:35 »

This has some of the best theatrical art ever.  I wish I had a scanner big enough to post it on here. 

Can you not post a photo, when you've got the time? It would be great to see it...

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Vaughan

« Reply #21 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 10:50 »

I'll give it a go mate.  Later on.  Trust me, it's classic - one of the truly greats bit of theatrical art.   ;D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #22 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 11:02 »

Is it the one with the weird hand/legs mutation carrying some scissors?

Vaughan

« Reply #23 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 11:20 »

Yeah!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #24 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 11:22 »

Yeah!

Please post a picture if you can, it's a brilliant poster!  ::)

dracucarr

« Reply #25 on: 05 Oct 2007 - 17:49 »

It would be easy enough to write a comedic review or something though.  Maybe that's a plus?

Get writing  ::). This film could do with more coverage, and an analysis of all it's bad points should make for a very entertaining read  :-\. This could arguably be the best worst out of all the 70's Brit horrors, and I think we should celebrate that  :P

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2010 - 08:47 »

Upcoming from Scorpion Releasing (the AIP trailer is present on their release of GIRLS ON THE ROAD).

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #27 on: 02 Jan 2012 - 17:58 »

Scorpion's THE DEVIL WITHIN HER at DVDBeaver.  Licensed from ITV, but MGM provided the master for it.  Out of curiosity, how did the UK discs compare (the single disc edition was supposed to have had the script as an extra).

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #28 on: 02 Jan 2012 - 18:14 »

I was with Alfetta yesterday and we checked out the extras on his U.S. disc. There's a great interview with John Steiner on it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.