• 21 Nov 2017 - 05:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody Friday / Blutiger Freitag (Rolf Olsen, 1972)  (Read 45259 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: Bloody Friday / Blutiger Freitag (Rolf Olsen, 1972)
« Reply #15 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 20:45 »

I'm getting this from a trade soon. Although I don't know what language it is. I was enthused the moment I read the review in the BM book.
what's the BM book?

Blazing Magnums
i should have realized ???

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #16 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 20:50 »

Well considering you get a name check in it......

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #17 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 20:57 »

I know! What's he like? He gets 4 free copies and forgets the book even exists!  ???
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 20:59 »

i've got a perfectly valid excuse

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Magnus Wersen

« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2007 - 18:01 »

It's only had a decent DVD release in Germany. I have the fan sub but haven't watched it yet due to my inability to be able to watch anything in German, not my favourite language to listen too. I'd love to see it in a dubbed version though...

You actually got a fan sub of Blutiger Freitag?! I watched it entirely in German without any subs whatsoever and I loved every second of it. Why doesn't you like the German language, Jonny?  :D

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #20 on: 12 Sep 2007 - 18:27 »

It's only had a decent DVD release in Germany. I have the fan sub but haven't watched it yet due to my inability to be able to watch anything in German, not my favourite language to listen too. I'd love to see it in a dubbed version though...

You actually got a fan sub of Blutiger Freitag?! I watched it entirely in German without any subs whatsoever and I loved every second of it. Why doesn't you like the German language, Jonny?  :D

No offense Magnus but listening to the German language spoken is way different to listening to Italian or French. It just sounds so harsh as opposed to the Latin based languages that sound so smooth and pleasant on the ear.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2007 - 18:28 »

No offense Magnus but listening to the German language spoken is way different to listening to Italian or French. It just sounds so harsh as opposed to the Latin based languages that sound so smooth and pleasant on the ear.

That really made me laugh, mate  :-\

I watch German films and am particularly fond of Herzog's films with Klaus Kinski.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Magnus Wersen

« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2007 - 18:38 »

I totally agree with you that the German language sounds a bit harsh. It is totally in context with that movie though and I feel that an English dub would have done more harm than good to it. I'm a big fan of the Edgar Wallace krimis so what do I know?  ::)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2007 - 18:44 »

That really made me laugh, mate  :-\

You know it's true though!

It's different with Kinski as you expect him to a harsh bastard everytime you see him on screen...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2007 - 16:27 »

UK pre-cert VHS cover, I think this is a re-release version...

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2007 - 18:04 »

I'm going to check this one out this weekend!

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2007 - 21:18 »

Never seen one but have heard a lot about it.  Found a cool poster of this for sale over at Kino Art, thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.

Peter Neal

« Reply #27 on: 05 Oct 2007 - 12:29 »

You just made me weep >:( :-*

Anyway, apart from such harsh words on my mother tonge, I'm very intrigued over learning about this flick! Totally passed  me by so far! I'll have to check it out asap! :-\

@Magnus: Those "Edgar Wallaca Krimis" are a whole class of their own. ::)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #28 on: 05 Oct 2007 - 12:30 »

You just made me weep >:( :-*

Anyway, apart from such harsh words on my mother tonge, I'm very intrigued about learning about this flick! Totally passed  me by so far! I'll have to check it out asap! :-\

We're not all xenophobic around these parts, mate - I love German films.  ::)
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Peter Neal

« Reply #29 on: 05 Oct 2007 - 12:40 »

That's very comforting, Paul! :-X

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.672 seconds with 20 queries.