• 09 Jul 2020 - 14:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What Are Your Favourite Gialli?  (Read 60567 times)

romantico

Re: What Are Your Favourite Gialli?
« Reply #75 on: 03 Sep 2010 - 13:42 »

My favorite gialli are what have you done to solange ? , who saw her die , bay of blood , la sorella di ursula , play motel ( hard version ) and giallo a venezia .

andydn

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #76 on: 30 Oct 2010 - 11:18 »

THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH
TENEBRAE
LIZARD IN A WOMANS SKIN
.....EYEBALL - (def a unique one with a lot of charm)
FORBIDDEN PHOTOS OF A LADY ABOVE SUSPICION - (for the sets, props and clothing alone)

Ive noticed everybodys lists are quite long - what a great thing, that there are enough of these gems out there for us all to have several favourites. Long live gialli!!!
= Long Live The Gialli =

argento

« Reply #77 on: 02 Nov 2010 - 11:18 »

1 Deep Red (A creepy film with "style to burn" , I think Argentos best film in front of the first 3)
2 Tenebrae ( which I saw in a London cinema with " The Monster Club"...I used to love the review
in Time Out where the wimpy reviewer said "by the end of the film most of the cast have undergone savage cuts ( something the film could have done with as well..)
3 Black belly of the tarantula ( great Morricone lounge lizard music / with phoney rubber knife killings
 with Anabella Incontrera (who had an affair with a Tory politician according to the News of the World)
4 Death laid an egg
5 The Bloodstained Butterfly ( A well made film )
6 Crimes of the Black cat ( I remember seeing this at the Scala and having a laughing fit at the bogus cat jumping at the camera with Anthony Stiff one
7 Blood and Black Lace ( The Scala turned red and green when this was shown )
8 Death carries a Cane ( not all filmakers can be Orson Welles ! )

P.F.

« Reply #78 on: 19 May 2011 - 15:58 »

Hi everybody,

I am French and my English is not perfect. For my first mail, I would like to know what you think about "The cat o' nine tails" (my favorite giallo). It is strange, I have the feeling that a lot of Argento fans don't like very much this great movie.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #79 on: 20 May 2011 - 13:54 »

Salut,

I think it is a brilliant giallo. I have the original Italian poster hanging proudly on my wall!
Dig that groove baby.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #80 on: 20 May 2011 - 14:19 »

Hi everybody,

I am French and my English is not perfect. For my first mail, I would like to know what you think about "The cat o' nine tails" (my favorite giallo). It is strange, I have the feeling that a lot of Argento fans don't like very much this great movie.
Welcome P.F.

I like Cat too, I think Four Flies is the weakest one from that period.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

P.F.

« Reply #81 on: 20 May 2011 - 15:39 »

I love the end of "Four flies on grey velvet". What emotion! The death of Nina Tobias is almost filmed like a deliverance for her.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #82 on: 20 May 2011 - 16:28 »

Welcome PF.

I don't dislike CAT but I do prefer FLIES and BIRD.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

bdc

« Reply #83 on: 22 May 2011 - 08:58 »

Cat is a great giallo imho,love it.
Also love Four Flies btw.  :D

henkka

« Reply #84 on: 01 Jul 2011 - 12:25 »

Well, all the Argentos are surely top notch and one of the greatest gialli. But apart from Darios some my favorites are:

La morte accarezza a mezzanotte / Death walks at midnight

-This perhaps is not the best Giallo in general consensus, but there is so much emotional content to it that it is one of my favorites, it's the one that started it all for me. So this is the first giallo I've ever seen. It was 7 or 8 years ago when I was 15 or 16 when it came from tv one night. By then I didn't know anything about giallo and after seeing it I was like woooooww, but could not guess there would be a whole bunch of other movies like it. The movie popped into my mind every once in a while, but I don't know why didn't I check for it from the internet or anything. But then accidently 2 years ago I got to Dario Argento movies as they were released on one Scandinavian label and were very cheap, like 5 euros. Bought them, checked more about them from the internet and got hooked really badly to giallo. And after the Argentos this one was the first giallos i bought on dvd. I think it's fucking great! One of the best soundtracks ever by Gianni Ferrio, Susan Scott is so sexy and it's very entertaining one.

Sei donne per l'assassino / Blood And Black Lace

-So stylish. I was lucky enough to see this one in a movie theatre last winter as it had this Giallo theme series. One of the favorites.

Giornata nera per l'ariete / The Fifth Cord

-So great camera work, beautiful film. Also managed to see this on big screen and it looked fantastic!

and last but not least Sergio Martino's:

Lo strano vizio della Signora Wardh / Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh
Torso
La coda dello scorpione / Case of the scorpion's tail

Wednesday

« Reply #85 on: 09 Sep 2011 - 21:26 »

I like The Black Belly of the Tarantula quite a lot. The plot was very well put together compared to some gialli I have seen and Giannini's character was complex and sympathetic. Not that a plot that makes no sense negates my enjoyment of a giallo, but I thought this one stood out for being well-crafted.

giallohunter

• Almost Human
« Reply #86 on: 23 Oct 2011 - 15:14 »

Here are some of my favorite giallos:

Delirio caldo (1972)
Gli assassini sono nostri ospiti (1974)
Il profumo della signora in nero (1974)
La casa dalle finestre che ridono (1976)
L'assassino ha riservato nove poltrone (1974)
Le orme (1975)
Perché quelle strane gocce di sangue sul corpo di Jennifer? (1972)
Profondo rosso (1975)
Qualcosa striscia nel buio (1971)

vongrim82

« Reply #87 on: 30 Oct 2011 - 23:18 »

BLACK BELLY OF THE TARANTULA
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE
A LIZARD IN WOMANS SKIN
THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE
PROFONDO ROSSO
DOMT' TORTURE A DUCKLING
TENEBRE
SEVEN BLOODSTAINED ORCHIDS
FOOTPRINTS ON THE MOON

PLEASE LIKE MY FB PAGE AND FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN VIDS AND COMMENTS ETC

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Profondo-Rosso-Cult-Italian-Cinema/196128487129213

strade

« Reply #88 on: 28 Mar 2012 - 16:27 »

Hello, everyone!

I'm still a little new to this whole game, but The House With Laughing Windows is probably my favorite aside from Argento's work. Tenebre and Opera are my favorite gialli from Dario.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Re: What Are Your Favourite Gialli?
« Reply #89 on: 28 Mar 2012 - 17:58 »

Hello, everyone!

I'm still a little new to this whole game, but The House With Laughing Windows is probably my favorite aside from Argento's work. Tenebre and Opera are my favorite gialli from Dario.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around and join in the fun!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 35 queries.