• 02 Dec 2020 - 09:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dizionario Del Western All'Italiana by Marco Giusti  (Read 3518 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

anyone know much about this new book?

Dizionario Del Western All'Italiana

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

Re: Dizionario Del Western All'Italiana by Marco Giusti
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 14:32 »

From what i've read there are about 800 films covered over 600 pages,no photos at all though.
The author is well known and respected in Italy for his genre work,he also did the foreword/introduction to Bloodbuster's Cinici Infamie e Violenti crime book.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 20:17 »

anyone know much about this new book?

Dizionario Del Western All'Italiana

Who published this book? If it's anything like the book I have on Gialli's and Polizioteschi's it should be well worth a look. Full cast and crew plus loads of other info... Is it a Gremese book?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 20:25 »

Who published this book? If it's anything like the book I have on Gialli's and Polizioteschi's it should be well worth a look. Full cast and crew plus loads of other info... Is it a Gremese book?
Mondadori Italy-price €18

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 18:44 »

Is it in italian text only?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 19:20 »

Bogan The Wanderer

« Reply #6 on: 27 Feb 2009 - 06:04 »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but - if anyone has this book - does this Giusti western dictionary feature credit lisitngs as comprehensive as the Gremese filmography books, or would the Gremese books be better for sone one after full cast/crew listings.  I'm after a reliable book with full credits for spaghetti westerns and wonder which book would be the best.  I think someone mentioned there might be a Gremese book just on westerns but I'm not sure.  Thanks gringos.

mattblake

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2009 - 10:14 »

I think they use just about the same credits... the Giusti one may have a few more and include a few corrections.  It's a fabulous book, by far the best one on the genre to have come out as it includes a lot of first hand info from those involved (and it's a lot more readable than the Western All'Italiana books by Glittering Images, even if it's in Italian only (I just can't get on with those; they look great, but the text bores me))

****BUT****

From a credits POV, none of them are perfect.  The Gremese books contain a hell of a lot of miscredits, especially for the 60s stuff, and as they use the same sources as most other 'encyclopedias', the same old errors seem to be repeated again and again...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.