• 20 Aug 2019 - 21:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tales From The Crypt (Freddie Francis, 1972)  (Read 13673 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Re: Tales From The Crypt (Freddie Francis, 1972)
« Reply #15 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 20:56 »

I know. I was just adding to it. In the comic, after the two faux magicians kill the female snake charmer, they try the trick rope out for themselves. As the wife ascends the rope she disappears only for her body parts to rain down on her husband who is hanged by the supernatural rope. He is found dangling from the rope which is not tied to anything. The filmed version is only slightly different during the end.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #16 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 22:03 »

Cool! Can you tell me if VAULT truly is censored? The Nostalgia Merchant tape I had froze during the first segment when the vamps were draining the guy of his blood. All you see is a still frame and nothing else. Also, the "Neat Job" episode was cut during the finale where you see body parts in jars.

I'll give it a watch next week and post my findings.  :D
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #17 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 22:08 »

Thanks Paul. xploited is already selling it as well as a handful of other midnite movies. I put in an order from deepdiscountDVD for these but they won't come out until the 11th. Strangely, DD doesn't have FOOD OF THE GODS so I ordered that one from xlpoited along with a couple other titles.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #18 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 22:21 »

You're welcome, mate but it doesn't look good, I'm affraid. Just come across some info on the ABUK forums. Look here - there's quite a bit of info on there, but well worth a read. Only pages 12 and 13 are relevant.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #19 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 22:32 »

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

I, too was awaiting this release most of all. I do not think that this was intentional, though. MGM has more often than not released alternate versions of movies since they started the midnite movies line as well as other releases such as SWAMP THING which was pulled because it sported a PG rating on the box although the film itself was the international cut. Their COUNT YORGA contained more footage than any previous release as well. However, I don't know if AIP ever distributed TALES and VAULT in America or not. If not, than the print used was from somewhere else. Possibly, they didn't know what they had. That has happened on several occasions, most famously with Paramounts continued screw up on ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST during the end credits sequence.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #20 on: 05 Sep 2007 - 23:03 »

This double bill is a Fox release, mate. Since Fox re-established distribution of MGM titles (after a period of 18 months when they were handled by Sony), the Midnite Movies range has been revived but curiously, this is a 20th Century Fox Midnite Movies release, so hopefully, there'll be some more unreleased TCF horror goodies on the way! Check out the cover art:

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #21 on: 13 Sep 2007 - 09:10 »

Well it's confirmed for the North American release of the MGM/Fox Midnite Movies release that VAULT is the PG cut version albeit anamophic widescreen. Either they didn't care or didn't know what to look for or simply could not obtain proper elements. Oh, well. At least the longest cut ever of TALES is on here. Mine should be arriving any day now.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/t-z/talesfromcryptvaulthorr7273.htm

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #22 on: 13 Sep 2007 - 09:32 »

i swear that skull picture was on the front of some pan horror book i has as a kid.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #23 on: 13 Sep 2007 - 09:39 »

i swear that skull picture was on the front of some pan horror book i has as a kid.

It's also on the cover of FAB Press' 'Ten Years of Terror' book... except the eyeball is in a different socket  :D

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #24 on: 13 Sep 2007 - 09:41 »

It was also on the cover of the paperback release I believe as well as early press material for VAULT as TALES FROM THE CRYPT 2.

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2007 - 22:15 »

Just got the Fox release of TALES/VAULT today. Strangely, this one as well as GORILLA AT LARGE/MYSTERY ON MONSTER ISLAND is a 2 disc set while the MGM/Fox releases are flippers. They also fumbled the ball on the RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD re-issue. Some nice features but still no original theatrical soundtrack.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2007 - 06:27 »

It seems that Fox MM titles have 2 discs, and the MGM ones have a flipper.

As for 'Vault of Horror', a lot of people are moaning, but I think the disc is fine, much better to watch 99% of a film in a good looking widescreen, than watch the pan-and-scanned Vipco release, just for 10 seconds of extra footage.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

WilsonBros

• Almost Human
« Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2007 - 14:22 »

Personally speaking, I'm seriously fucked off about the fact that The Vault of Horror is the butchererd PG rated version.

When it eventually gets a release over here, do you honestly think that Fox are going to go to all the expense of striking up a new, uncensored print?   Thought not...

Fuckers.  :-[

(BTW - sorry to come across as an inarticulate wanker, but this sort of thing really gets on my tits)

Kev W
"Two blokes with with a fuck-load of cutlery!"

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2007 - 18:25 »

Me too, but at least TALES is more complete than ever.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2007 - 22:11 »

It's just carelessness on their part. I've still got the vipco disc, so I'm not frothing too much about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 33 queries.