• 24 Nov 2020 - 15:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Virgin & The Gypsy (Christopher Miles, 1970)  (Read 6604 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
The Virgin & The Gypsy (Christopher Miles, 1970)
« on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:22 »

This Christopher "Priest Of Love" Miles flick was—to my knowledge—never released on VHS in the UK and has never been released anywhere on DVD... until now! UK independent Arrow Films are releasing THE VIRGIN AND THE GYPSY on 15th October. I've pre-ordered it.

Franco Nero and Honor Blackman star in this DH Lawrence adaptation.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Re: The Virgin & The Gypsy (Christopher Miles, 1970)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:31 »

Great! i've never seen this, roll on 15th oct ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

fdsmedia

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:37 »

It's also being released in the US October 9 by none other than..... TELEVISTA!!  :-*

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:38 »

It's also being released in the US October 9 by none other than..... TELEVISTA!!  :-*
is televista bad then?

fdsmedia

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:42 »

Yes Televista mostly release cut films from full screen VHS sources. I have bought a few of their releases like the School Teacher Collection and Andrea Bianchi's Angel of Death but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:46 »

Televista are a bootleg operation, eh? They released AMUCK, to name but one of their lacklustre releases.

I'm really looking forward to VIRGIN AND THE GYPSY. I'm pretty confident that Arrow will do the film justice, transfer-wise.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:50 »

Televista are a bootleg operation, eh? They released AMUCK, to name but one of their lacklustre releases.

Televista are an off shoot of Jef films.

Paul, 'Eurovista' (Luminous) put out 'Amuck', different company mate.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 09:51 »

Televista are an off shoot of Jef films.

Paul, 'Eurovista' (Luminous) put out 'Amuck', different company mate.

I see - weren't Televista the guys that released DAY OF THE COBRA? Anyway, they're a bootleg mob, so the arrow release is most definitely the way to go  :-X

dracucarr

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2007 - 17:09 »

Well I hope they release it uncut as recent screenings omit Imogen "yummy yummy" Hassall's breast feeding shot. The perve in me demands it to be there  ::)

tigerheart76

« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2007 - 13:35 »

This Christopher "Priest Of Love" Miles flick was—to my knowledge—never released on VHS in the UK and has never been released anywhere on DVD... until now! UK independent Arrow Films are releasing THE VIRGIN AND THE GYPSY on 15th October. I've pre-ordered it.

Excellent!! This is a fine film and worth a viewing. Thanks for the heads-up Paul!  ::)

P.S. I swear I saw an apparent commercial VHS copy of the film on Ebay recently...kinda skint right now so I skipped bidding for it. I've got a DVD copy of a recent TV showing of the film which is grainy but does the job...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #10 on: 11 Sep 2007 - 14:09 »

Excellent!! This is a fine film and worth a viewing. Thanks for the heads-up Paul!  ::)

P.S. I swear I saw an apparent commercial VHS copy of the film on Ebay recently...kinda skint right now so I skipped bidding for it. I've got a DVD copy of a recent TV showing of the film which is grainy but does the job...

There was an Australian VHS of the film on eBay about four or five weeks ago. I seem to remember it selling for around £40GBP.

LANZETTA

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2007 - 22:10 »

Well I hope they release it uncut as recent screenings omit Imogen "yummy yummy" Hassall's breast feeding shot. The perve in me demands it to be there  ::)
This seems to get repeated every year and every time i manage to forget to set the VCR. ???

Having not seen it,i take it that theres more to this film than just a soppy love story? >:(

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #12 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 14:17 »

UK Coverart:

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #13 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 14:21 »

Roll on two weeks time! ::)

tigerheart76

« Reply #14 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 14:36 »

Having not seen it,i take it that theres more to this film than just a soppy love story? >:(

Yes - there's plenty of emotion expressed (negative and positive), but there's nothing particularly 'soppy' about the film (speaking from a girl's perspective!) - to me it's more of a drama with erotic overtones. The attraction's definitely there from the outset between the Gypsy (F. Nero) and Yvette, the lead female character (Joanna Shimkus, long married to Sidney Poitier) and the director does a great job of building this up.

BTW - fantastic cover art!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.