• 27 Jun 2017 - 10:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Devil with Seven Faces / Il Diavolo a sette facce (Osvaldo Civirani, 1971)  (Read 12855 times)

fdsmedia

Cover D for me!  ;)

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever

I really dig cover D too. It's the artwork from a Spanish poster, I believe.

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine

All five covers now available at Xploited. Just got an email saying they've shipped mine

Andrew Monroe

This may be the rare case where I`ll be content with my cheap multi-movie set version of a film, I thought this one was a real drag.

Of course, one late night I`ll be tempted to add it to an Xploited order anyway.  ;D

fdsmedia

Any news regarding the quality of the German DVD?? Screens??  :-X

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

Cool stuff! I think I like cover C with the lady in her bra best...  :-*

and panties (aka Knickers) too!  ::)

Cover C shipped this morning from Xploited.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

All five covers now available at Xploited. Just got an email saying they've shipped mine
which one did you go for in the end Peter?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine

which one did you go for in the end Peter?

I don't normally go for the LE covers, but this time I went with Cover B (since they've incorporated the Carroll Baker images from the original locandina that I really like).

Sutter Cane

Splendid news

Cover D for me

Peter

• Special Cop In Action
    • Giallo Locandine

Any news regarding the quality of the German DVD?? Screens??  :-X

Got the DVD today. I've only done a quick scan of it so far, but it looks pretty good. It certainly adds quite a lot of picture information compared to my old DVD-R.

So far I found one sequence that looks like it's taken from a video source. It lasts about a minute but apart from that it's looks really pleasing all the way through.

Soundtrack is a litte bit muffled and there are a few snap, crackle and pops, but nothing too bad.

Haven't had a chance to watch the film all the way through yet, but at first glance I think it stacks up fairly well against the other German giallo releases.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Thanks for the grabs Peter.  :'(

Looks pretty good to me. Still haven't got round to ordering this yet, might have to do so later tonight.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

fdsmedia

I'll receive my copy on Monday, and it will be nice to watch it in its widescreen glory - I've only seen it once in a horrible full screen transfer. :P

Andrew Monroe

I'll receive my copy on Monday, and it will be nice to watch it in its widescreen glory - I've only seen it once in a horrible full screen transfer. :P

That`s the only way I`d seen it too. I ended up getting this - knew I`d cave (cover C). I have to admit, while it`ll never be considered top drawer Baker giallo, it improved a good bit in my estimation with a widescreen presentation. And it has that certain something that makes even lesser early 70s gialli oddly compelling. Also, I`d completely forgotten how terrific the Cipriani score is, some great sax-driven numbers and lovely Nora Orlandi vocals. I`d love to see this get a cd release. Like Peter said, the audio is a bit hissy but not to the point of distraction.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Just got the German disc.  the cover is the one with the red-tinted close up of Baker.

The credits suggest the source was a French print.  Strangely, it seems like two English title sequences was created for this one.  I'm assuming the one on the disc extras comes from the UK tape.  The title sequence on the US panned and scanned DVDs is far more complete.

giallo joe

I'd often watched the ugly pan and scan versions of the film, so naturally, ordered the widescreen dvd. Great print, but unfortunately, the film is still crap. Normally a widescreen release of a pan and scanned film does improve the film, if the film is a stinker, no amount of tinkering will improve it. Maybe I'm getting old, but I've noticed a large proportion of unavailable gialli are getting releases via the silver disc, the films themselves are largely a waste of 90 minutes. Recent examples, though not available on disc per se, are RICCARDO GHIONE'S THE BLOODSTAINED LAWN/ IL PRATO MACCHIATE DI ROSSO. I managed to get hold of a widescreen release of this obscure giallo, what a load of shit. Even Marina Malfatti could not save this pile of garbage. All I'm saying is, be prepared for these obscure gialli coming out on disc or dvd-r. They are obscure for a reason...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.