• 29 Apr 2017 - 23:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Devil with Seven Faces / Il Diavolo a sette facce (Osvaldo Civirani, 1971)  (Read 12363 times)

vigilanteforce

I'd often watched the ugly pan and scan versions of the film, so naturally, ordered the widescreen dvd. Great print, but unfortunately, the film is still crap. Normally a widescreen release of a pan and scanned film does improve the film, if the film is a stinker, no amount of tinkering will improve it.

Giallo Joe you got a point there. I thought this one sucked as well. Very boring and visually tasteless... A wasted opportunity.

Bogan The Wanderer

I just find it funny how, even when I hear the film is shit, part of me thinks I need it and should probably still buy it.  How fucked up is that?  :-*

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

I've got it, seen it, don't particularly rate it; but would still never get rid of it.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

giallo joe

I just find it funny how, even when I hear the film is shit, part of me thinks I need it and should probably still buy it.  How fucked up is that?  :-*

This is why I buy in vast quantities material from ZDD. You can watch rarely seen films cheaply, and if the film is good, then I buy the official release, if the film is shit, then that saves me a small fortune. I've a pretty shrewd idea if the film is crap in pan and scan, chances are the official widescreen release will be also. It takes a certain film shown in pan and scan to warrant a further purchase, for example, MINO GUERRINI'S DATE FOR A MURDER. A brilliant giallo even in pan and scan, so if this is ever available, my name is on it. The other side of the coin is, say, CORRADO FARINA'S THEY'VE CHANGED FACES. It was boring as fuck in pan and scan, and it's even worse in a widescreen remastered dvd release.

bdc

Not really bad,but this could have been much better.
I think I'll be picking up the German dvd.

Spaghetti Hero

I got the German dvd and watched nearly a year ago and can remember not being overly impressed with the movie. I just dug up what I wrote about it on another forum:

The Devil Has Seven Faces starring among others George Hilton which has to suffer one of the worst English dubbed voices I've heard in a long long time. Was tempted to shift to the German dub. Awful, awful, awful. Apart from a lot of familiar faces this movie doesn't sport much. Plays more like a mid-sixties crime movie than a giallo.

A certain amount of skin might have saved it somewhat but this one hasn't got much more skin than your average spaghetti western. Disappointing. Not even a single bottle of J&B could be found.

Not recommended.

In short this was and still is the worst giallo I've seen so far. A terrific title for a horrible movie.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

In short this was and still is the worst giallo I've seen so far.

I wouldn't call it a giallo to be honest. If you go into it not expecting one then you might enjoy it a bit more.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Spaghetti Hero

I wouldn't call it a giallo to be honest. If you go into it not expecting one then you might enjoy it a bit more.
I think you are right that I might have enjoyed it somewhat more ... But damn when it's got the title of a typical giallo and advertised as one you get misled  ;D

But yes expectations have a lot to say when you watch a movie.

bdc

I'd rather watch this again than the rare "giallo" The Man with Icy Eyes...
At least Carroll Baker,George Hilton and Luciano Pigozzi (!) are in it!

Some more observations:
I love the guy in the gorilla mask!  ::)

Why is Baker's green wig so ill-fitting?
And what's up with the ridiculous speeded up car footage!?  :-*

Spaghetti Hero

I'd rather watch this again than the rare "giallo" The Man with Icy Eyes...
The Man with Icy Eyes has one thing going for it though and that is one hell of a score. Most-played giallo score in this house ever .... :) Great bombastic and dynamic just the way I like it... Had listened to it  countless times before I saw the movie which I agree is a let-down. Antonio Sabato has never been one of my favourite actors and that movie certainly didn't help.

bdc

I totally agree,that score is great.
Best thing about the movie.

TEENAGER SIND NACKT

yeh I didn't mind this movie at all.  I thought the guys on here watched loads of bad movies??     :P :P

I'm glad I bought the DVD.

bdc

If anybody wants to get rid of the German dvd,please pm me.  :D
[edit] got it!  ::)

Bogan The Wanderer

Not to bring up a too old thread (which is what I'm doing) but does anyone have a good scan of the 'bra and panties' variant of the cover?  The only one I can find online has a big white 'DVD-Forum' watermark over the front, and I could really use a nice scan of the real thing if anyone has it.  Thanks if anyone can..   :-X

bdc

Best I could find,I don't have it myself.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 20 queries.