• 27 Jun 2022 - 14:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naked Violence / I ragazzi del massacro (Fernando Di Leo, 1969)  (Read 6376 times)

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Watched this earlier this evening and found it to be an enjoyable, yet quite harrowing, polizi/giallo hybrid.  The rape scene is excruciating to watch even without the disorienting scraping noises on the soundtrack.  My partner is a teacher and she was not too fond of the subject matter to say the least even though she could not turn away during the last twenty minutes.  I suppose the plot is even more resonant now than back when it was originally released.  As far as I am concerned, this is up there with Di Leo's MANHUNT, MILANO CALIBRO 9 and IL BOSS.  Any other fans of this?

Stephen Grimes

You're not wrong about that rape scene at the start,quite heavy for its time.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I was referring to the fuller one at the end but you are right Stephen the opening one is certainly bad enough.  The editing of both scenes is very effective.  I was surprised to find that it was made in 1969, very grim subject matter.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

As far as I am concerned, this is up there with Di Leo's MANHUNT, MILANO CALIBRO 9 and IL BOSS.  Any other fans of this?
I did enjoy the film but in my opinion no way is it as good as these three.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

I was referring to the fuller one at the end but you are right Stephen the opening one is certainly bad enough.
Sorry i meant the end but after reading this thread last night i ended up watching it again for the first time in ages,still quite powerful but i think some of it is lost in the English dub like when Capponi shouts at the teenagers during the police interviews.
Also what's up with that French language doc with no Italian or English subs?!?!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I watched this last night and was really impressed by it. A great crime flick and really quite unpleasant when you consider it was made in 1969. The final flash-back to the attack on the teacher was really disturbing.

I think NAKED VIOLENCE is up there with Di Leo's best work. Of course, it's totally different in tone to his crime thrillers, but that just goes to show what a diverse talent he was. Di Leo was a master and definitely needs more recognition for his work.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MrPatron

Just finished watching this Di Leo flick. An OK movie I guess but I think the ending was not that good. Di Leo has made some better movies if you ask me.

Renato

• One Just Man

Just finished watching this Di Leo flick. An OK movie I guess but I think the ending was not that good. Di Leo has made some better movies if you ask me.
I do agree, the ending (different from the original one in the novel by Giorgio Scerbanenco) is so weak...

Effevi

Hi everyone!
For my graduation I'm writing a thesis about the translation of movie titles from Italian language to other languages (German, French and English).
Concerning this movie, I can't understand why the German title is so curious, in fact it's "Note 7 - Die junger der gewalt"; whereas the subtitle is the the literal translation of the original title in Italian, I can't understand at all the title "Note 7". In German "note" means "grade/mark"...!!
Can anyone help me?

Operazione Bianchi

Concerning this movie, I can't understand why the German title is so curious, in fact it's "Note 7 - Die junger der gewalt"; whereas the subtitle is the the literal translation of the original title in Italian, I can't understand at all the title "Note 7". In German "note" means "grade/mark"...!!
Can anyone help me?

hi mate ,

the german title refers to the german scale of school-grades ! In Germany it ranges from 1 (A) to 6 (F) .

So , "Note 7" would be beyond the worst grade ... and seems to be only given for raping+killing your teacher !   :-\

BTW , the movie was released by the tiny german UW label who also put out Di Leo`s "Toy" !

I think these two have a certain cheapness in common , but I confess I highly enjoyed em both   ::)

Effevi

BTW , the movie was released by the tiny german UW label who also pu put Di Leo`s "Toy" !

I think these two have a certain cheapness in common , but I confess I highly enjoyed em both   ::)

Thank you so much!
But I'm afraid I didn't understand exactly. What is UW, the German label? I've never heard of it.
And what do you mean with "pu put Di Leo's 'Toy' "?! Is Toy another film by Di Leo, i don't know it!
Thank you again, I need all these accurate infos 'cause my thesis needs to be approved by my teacher and she wants to know all the details!

Operazione Bianchi

Oops , spelling mistake ... of course I meant "put out / released"  ???

UW was a small german Video- Company  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.