• 03 Jul 2022 - 06:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 Hours of Violence / Sette ore di violenza.. (Michelle Massimo Tarantini, 1973)  (Read 6571 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Just watched the Greek VHS version, first time seeing this film too.

George Hilton is a contract killer who's blackmailed into doing a hit, which he fails to carry out and then has to find his way out of Greece in a hurry after being implicated for a murder he didn't commit.

Not a bad film at all, a great novelty is the fact that Hilton's character is a Karate expert, an opening montage shows him practicing his moves against many opponents... This is a nice set up for the final reel showdown with a Chinese bad guy, it's all Kung Fu and Shaw Brothers type sound effects! Great stuff!

Hilton pulls off a mean flying Kung Fu kick, might be stuntman though...

Plus some mean Kung Fu poses...

Tanzi tells me the Greek VHS is cut and it does look cut in some scenes, some big splices in some violent scenes... Apparently there's an uncut VHS from Denmark? Anyone seen this?

vigilanteforce

The (slightly) cut one is DAY OF VIOLENCE, not this one! George Hilton performing martial arts in an Italian crime movie- what a brilliant combination! The late, great Tarantini was a genius!   

Has Hilton ever been in a crime film without having a mustache? His mustached ones I have watched so far are: BLAZING FLOWERS (masterpiece!), this one and TORINO VIOLENTA, don't think he has done any more, at least not during the 70s!

Stephen Grimes

I really enjoyed this,a great debut from Michele Massimo Tarantini.Rosemary Dexter looked great as well,anyone know what happened to her?I was reading on an Italian forum that she was English but she appears to have made films exclusively in Italy.

Stephen Grimes

Just been reading a post by Southern dvd's Naushad over at Matt Blake's forum in which he says he'll be releasing an English language version of this sometime this year along with the great I KISS THE HAND :'(

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Great news! Can't say I've heard of Southern DVD though, any good?

Stephen Grimes

Great news! Can't say I've heard of Southern DVD though, any good?
A spaghetti western label,Mart knows a bit about them i think.

Mart85

Mixed bag really.  They've released a couple of fullscreen DVDs and some nice OAR ones too. Their release of the rare NIGHT OF THE SERPENTS was great quality.  However, now they can be a bit of a pain to get hold of since Tony at xploited is no longer dealing with the bloke.  I got my NIGHT OF THE SERPENTS DVD direct from the bloke via eBay.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

Yeah, posters are always arguing with Naushad at the Spagehtti Western Web Board, so there is obviously some bad blood between seller and certain customers. But he keeps plying his wares, and people keep buying, so he must be offering value for money.

fdsmedia

This is one of the titles which might end up on my label, but we might reconsider if it will get another release.

Diabolik2

There is also a Dutch video release.  On the label BEST VIDEO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.