• 10 Jul 2020 - 10:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 35mm screenings of SOLANGE and WEREWOLF WOMAN in Athens/Greece!  (Read 3565 times)

vigilanteforce

No, this is not a joke. The above two titles and a few more interesting ones are being screened at the "Premiere Nights" annual festival. Plus CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, CRUISING (with introduction by William Friedkin) and TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA.

Just got back from the screening of Rino Di Silvestro's WEREWOLF WOMAN. The movie was nowhere as good as I remembered but still had its outrageous moments that made it worthwhile. The 35mm print (which was obviously of American origin, titled THE LEGEND OF WEREWOLF WOMAN) was in bad shape and all colors except red were gone. Not sure if the print was complete or not but the director was credited as R.D. Silver and the rest of the credits were fake. I met one of the guys that are organizing the 10-day festival and he told me that the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST print looks beautiful. 

We also got to see nice trailers for AUTOPSY, SCREAM BLOODY MURDER and BLOOD FREAK, among others.

As for the crowd, they were mostly making fun of the film, although they could have been more annoying. I doubt anybody besides me and my couple of friends actually knew who Rino Di Silvestro is. Although the screening took place after midnight, the place was (almost) packed. The flyers advertised the movie as "an experience that will make you scream.... laughing" and the screening was part of the festival's "grindhouse" special. By the way, I am already sick of the term "grindhouse".  :)

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I never expected to be able to watch a Di Silvestro movie on the big screen. SOLANGE is coming tomorrow and I am excited! Hopefully the print will be in good condition! Will report back.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Excellent! I'm jealous. Keep us up to date with how the other screenings go will you?

I remember seeing a 35mm print of 'Don't Go in the House' earlier this year and that was almost completely red as well...
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I remember seeing a 35mm print of 'Don't Go in the House' earlier this year and that was almost completely red as well...
What a load of old shit that was

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

As for the crowd, they were mostly making fun of the film
Went to see VIOLENT NAPLES at the ICA about 7 years ago and there were a few 'student' types who thought they were watching a comedy,laughing double loud all the way through it.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Went to see VIOLENT NAPLES at the ICA about 7 years ago and there were a few 'student' types who thought they were watching a comedy,laughing double loud all the way through it.

This is one of the reasons I've stopped going to the all night horror festival in Leeds every year. The cinema is right in the middle of where all the University students live and as you'd expect the fest is always 90% populated by students.

I'm all for a bit of banter at these kind of things but for some reason these people always do it in such a way that is so bloody annoying. Their laughing is almost forced as if they are putting it on to impress someone and their comments are childish in the extreme. Shouting "Show us your tits" to Barbara Steele during 'Black Sunday' isn't funny.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

As for the crowd, they were mostly making fun of the film

Tanzi and I saw NAPLES at the CineXS - nice 35mm print under the DEATH DEALERS title.

EDIT: Those giggling types are everywhere, Stephen/Jonny - even at the NFT, where people are supposed to come together because of a universal love of film, these tossers just can't help themselves. REally annoys me - A mate and I went to see FOUR FLIES at the NFT, and there was a whole bunch of cunts laughing. It really detracts from the films atmosphere.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Stephen Grimes

Their laughing is almost forced as if they are putting it on to impress someone and their comments are childish in the extreme.
Exactly  :)
Another time i went to see Herzog's NOSFERATU at the NFT on the South Bank and even though the screening was packed no one said a word all the way through,you could have heard a pin drop.Nice to sit amongst people who appreciated good films.

Stephen Grimes

Tanzi and I saw NAPLES at the CineXS - nice 35mm print under the DEATH DEALERS title.   
This is the print i saw,it was a bit knackered and ended up breaking down around the 1 hr mark,ended up getting a full refund.
They also showed Ercoli's DEATH WALKS IN HIGH HEELS and a load of spaghetti westerns.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

That's funny, because Paul Brown screen DEATH WALKS IN HIGH HEELS at the CineXS too!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Mart85

Yeah, those annoying laughing types drive me up the fucking wall.  :)

vigilanteforce

Well I guess it also depends on why you are laughing... Having fun with the film is different than making fun of it. Me and my friends had some laughs with the film (anybody remember the doctor's scientific explanation of the woman turning to werewolf?) but we were certainly not making fun of it like some of the cunts in there.

Stephen Grimes

(anybody remember the doctor's scientific explanation of the woman turning to werewolf?)
Yeah,what was all that about!?!?  :-\ :-\

vigilanteforce

I wasn't really paying attention as I didn't like the wretched print but I remember another WTF? moment. The love scene intercut with footage of Howard Ross performing a couple of dangerous stunts! By the way Annik Borel had nice tits  :-\- she starred in BLACK APHRODITE (a Greek sexploitation film) right after Di Silvestro's movie.

Stephen Grimes

By the way Annik Borel had nice tits  :-\- she starred in BLACK APHRODITE (a Greek sexploitation film) right after Di Silvestro's movie.
Has anyone seen Jean-Marie Pallardy's TRUCK STOP which she also starred in?Keep reading positive reviews of this movie but have yet to see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 34 queries.