• 19 Feb 2018 - 22:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sicilian Connection / Afyon oppio (Ferdinando Baldi ,1973)  (Read 11978 times)

Stephen Grimes

Anyone else like this?Just got a nice lbx upgrade from Lefteris which blows away the terrible fullscreen travesty i had before,it also appears to be fully uncut.Good soundtrack as well by the de Angelis brothers as Oliver Onions with one song which reminds me of their opening titles music to Castellari's western TEDEUM,anyone got the soundtrack cd/lp?

vigilanteforce

What's that DVD cover?

I really love the opening scene where they put that cop in the coffin! Great, inspired stuff  ::)
The music score is memorable. Some of the car chase footage was later edited into Alfonso Brescia's THE NEW GODFATHERS. I also like the finale of this one... downbeat, just the way it should be.

Stephen Grimes

What's that DVD cover?
Just something i found on the net,think it's the LVFW boot.

I really love the opening scene where they put that cop in the coffin! Great, inspired stuff  ::)
Yeah you'd think he'd have had more sense then to go asking them to open up a coffin at a mafia funeral :-\
This opening also reminded me of CRY OF THE PROSTITUTE with the drugs being stashed/smuggled inside dead bodies.

Stephen Grimes

Here's the rare English language trailer which Lefteris put up on Youtube recently:

:'(

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

UK Pre-cert VHS cover...

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

fdsmedia

We tried to license the soundtrack for a CD release, but apparantly a new German label beat us to it... don't know when it's gonna be out, but at least it's in the works!  ::)

Stephen Grimes

UK Pre-cert VHS cover...
Is this a lbx print Jonny?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Not sure as I only got the tape yesterday. I've backed it up to my DVD recorders HD so I'll check it out when I get home.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Just had a look at the VHS and it's slightly letterboxed, roughly 1.77:1, lovely copy as well.

How wide is your copy Stephen?

Stephen Grimes

Just had a look at the VHS and it's slightly letterboxed, roughly 1.77:1, lovely copy as well.

How wide is your copy Stephen?
Same as yours as i remember,infact might be from that tape.Lefteris should know as i got it from him.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Canadian Release

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

Director Ferdinando Baldi died today aged 80,he was also responsible for the sleazefest TERROR EXPRESS and a load of spaghetti westerns like TEXAS ADIOS,BLINDMAN etc.

RIP

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Shame to hear about that Stephen.

RIP Ferdinando Baldi

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

RIP
 "Blindman" was his masterpiece

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

vigilanteforce

Sad news... Rest In Peace.

Love this one and TERROR EXPRESS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.404 seconds with 21 queries.