• 15 Oct 2018 - 16:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sicilian Connection / Afyon oppio (Ferdinando Baldi ,1973)  (Read 13232 times)

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there.
Its Santoni disco time!

TigerRoom

• Anonymous Avenger

Hahaha... Yeah, I've listened to two podcast interviews with him. Hilarious listens, but yes, doesn't exactly attract me to more CR titles (doesn't look like much of it would be my bag anyhow).

More what I was unsure about was the quality of the products themselves--what the pluses and minuses are. All I really have to go on are the podcasts as of now, and the criticisms brought up by the host in one of them are shut down by Bill so quickly that I could never understand what the host said. I'm not questioning the validity of the criticisms of the company BTW. Just curious to know more about it all.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

From the discs I've had the transfers are tidy. Not usually too much clean-up done (although there are exceptions when Bill feels like throwing extra money at something).

He fucked up the aspect ratios on the Andy Milligan discs though because he thought people would demand them in widescreen.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

strangedaysindeed

• One Just Man

They are far from being the best Blu Rays out there , but they are usually acceptable. Films that havnt been released by CR on DVD before tend to look better. I think it is because cheapskate Bill uses the same HD master used for the DVD and puts it on Blu Ray. i.e. possibly not a 2k scan for the 'previously on DVD' films. This is only my personal speculation but im sure Nightmare in a Damaged Brain could look better.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

NIGHTMARE was a new transfer.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

jimm

• Almost Human

Watched the CR Bluray release a few nights ago and thought PQ was very decent. Another Eurocrimer that i haven't seen before and enjoyed it. Not a great deal of action but good atmosphere and kept me watching for sure. Definitely Happy i purchased the BD. However I notice though that a lot of the New CR Bluray releases are due to be released by Scorpion on DVD?. Like Nightmares in a Damaged Brain , Shakma and even mary mary bloody mary is being released by them soon. So maybe sicilian connection will also get a dvd release by them soon with ofcourse a cheaper RRP , but the Bluray is worth the extra cash in my opinion.

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action

Bill is an annoying Tosser. The guy will never be happy whatever he puts out or how many copies people buy. He's the biggest conspiracy theorist since Agent Mulder... :(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.