• 17 Oct 2019 - 11:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fragment of Fear (Richard C. Sarafian, 1970)  (Read 10710 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Fragment of Fear (Richard C. Sarafian, 1970)
« Reply #15 on: 12 Nov 2007 - 13:32 »

It's not cheap is it that book! Best I've found it for is £30 but by crikey have you seen how much this chancer wants for a new copy!?!

Bloody Hell!
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #16 on: 12 Nov 2007 - 13:37 »

It's not cheap is it that book! Best I've found it for is £30 but by crikey have you seen how much this chancer wants for a new copy!?!

Bloody Hell!

a bargain! :-*

greedy cunt, reminds me of a roger corman book i got a couple of quid for on ebay and on amazon it was £70 something.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #17 on: 12 Nov 2007 - 13:44 »

I always check the prices on Amazon marketplace before I sell something just to give myself a little giggle (and the faint hope that I'll possibly get that price for mine).
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #18 on: 12 Nov 2007 - 14:19 »

Opps, sorry mate, did do a search but it did not return any hits.

There are some greedy twats on Amazon Marketplace but then again I did sell a VHS of LOVE AT FIRST BITE for £75 on there once.

I was really surprised that the autobiography was no longer in print, quite sad that Hemmings has been forgotten already when you consider all the shitty autobiographies of 21 year olds that pop up on the shelves this time of year.

Phill

« Reply #19 on: 12 Nov 2007 - 16:19 »

Bloody Hell!

Jesus! Think i'll put mine on for 1000,000  :-\ No way would I sell it though it's a fantastic read !

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2008 - 04:10 »

I've been interested in seeing this too.  Hemmings and Hunnicutt were also in VOICES (the film that THE OTHERS ripped off) together.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #21 on: 12 Jun 2008 - 00:24 »

Just got a copy of this.  I love the opening credits montage and backgrounds.

TheDuke

« Reply #22 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 09:40 »

I watched this a few years ago and it's really stuck with me, I'm always surprised it's not better known. But like other people on here have mentioned the version I've seen had a very sudden ending that just fades to black and there's no credits. One of the reviews on IMDB talks about a different ending that skips forwards many years, so I was wondering if anyone had, or had seen, a longer version of this with a different ending? I just won't to know if it actually exists as I've always thought it seemed like an odd way to end.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 09:54 »

I just won't to know if it actually exists as I've always thought it seemed like an odd way to end.

Yes, I have a copy that has the correct ending. I'm pretty certain I got it from Paul so maybe he could send a copy your way next time he's at the film night?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 10:07 »

My one was sourced from an RCA/Columbia sell-through, I believe. The one with the shorter coda must be taken from the Pre-cert. Marc, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the Pre-cert an unsanctioned release? I'm pretty sure Columbia has always owned the title...

Either way, I can give you a copy of this next time I see you, Alex. Please remind me though.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

TheDuke

« Reply #25 on: 31 Jul 2009 - 13:08 »

Thanks guys, that's great, I've always wondered about the ending on this, in a strange way the non-ending actually fits the strange tone of the film, in that it never really answered the question of what was going on, which seemd quite fitting. But then reading about the other ending always made me think there must be different cuts of this floating around.

Thanks for your help.

ddmichael

« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2009 - 22:08 »

One of my favourites, this. Always thought Sarafian was greatly underrated as a director - his work on I SPY, THE MAN WHO LOVED CAT DANCING and, of course, VANISHING POINT was superb, and it's a real pity he isn't better known. A lot of people don't like the ending of this film, but to me it's one of the best things about it, along with Hemmings' tour-de-force performance.

Btw the Hemmings book is a great read, though he barely mentions his work in Italy - sorry to say I picked my copy up in Soho Books a few years ago for about £6.99...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #27 on: 10 Sep 2010 - 16:15 »

This is now available to buy via Sony's DVD-R on demand service...

Sony Columbia Classics - Fragment of Fear

Letterboxed at 1.85:1 but no mention of a running time or if it's 16:9 enhanced. Does say newly re-mastered and the clip on the site looks terrific.

Can we order these from the UK?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #28 on: 10 Sep 2010 - 16:23 »

Can we order these from the UK?

If Sony are going to run it like the Warner Archives series then they should start appearing on Amazon.com. I resent paying those sort of prices for a DVD-R though.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #29 on: 10 Sep 2010 - 16:27 »

If Sony are going to run it like the Warner Archives series then they should start appearing on Amazon.com. I resent paying those sort of prices for a DVD-R though.

It's a fucker isn't it? $19.94 before shipping? No way Jose!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 34 queries.