• 17 Oct 2017 - 07:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch Me When I Kill / Il gatto dagli occhi di giada (Antonio Bido, 1977)  (Read 11973 times)

fdsmedia

Re-released by VCI: "New digital transfer from the 35mm negative" - not sure if it's an improvement from their previous disc, though.. .you tell me! Here are some screens, there is a noticeble amount of grain and the colours seem a bit washed out. Nice enough, though. Can someone provide some screens from the X-rated Kult DVD?

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

The old Redemption VHS tape looks better if you ask me.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

To be honest, that doesn't look any better, if memory serves me right - I certainly wouldn't upgrade to this version, unless it runs longer, based on those grabs.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

The original VCI disc was one of the worst looking releases I have ever seen, I could not make it through the whole film.  Despite being non-anamorphic, the X Rated disc is an improvement.

I was going to purchase this disc and sell my X Rated release but after seeing these grabs I am not so sure.

Stephen Grimes

Never really liked this film,used to own a Scandanavian pre-record as THE CATS VICTIMS but only watched it once.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I am not too keen on it either Stephen but it has some good moments.

There is an Italian disc available but it does not have any English options.  Anyone own this disc?

sadystyk

Was'nt the old Redemption video release of this a lot longer than the VCI dvd (first pressing)? I seem to remember that the opening scene of a woman being strangled in slow motion was missing.

fdsmedia

Please tell me more - exactly when is this strangling and how long is the scene? I read reports about VCI having sent the wrong CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS master to the pressing plant, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have done the same with this one... this new release is supposed to be uncut.

sadystyk

Please tell me more - exactly when is this strangling and how long is the scene? I read reports about VCI having sent the wrong CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS master to the pressing plant, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have done the same with this one... this new release is supposed to be uncut.
The strangling is either before or during the opening credits and is from the killers point of view with the womans head being shook from side to side. When I saw it I thought it looked like it had been shot on video! I think this footage is related to the different title and credits of The Cat's Victims as opposed to Watch Me When I Kill. There was also a significant difference in running times for the two versions that was not down to the different speeds of pal and Ntsc but I haven't seen either version in years. I don't like the film myself but find it preferable to his over-rated piece of crap The Bloodstained Shadow.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Anyone own the Italian Cecchi Gori disc?  If so, what is the transfer like?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

US one-sheet :-

Image (and crappy photo) courtesy of the Kevin Coed collection.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Stephen Grimes

Nice poster Kev  :'(

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Certainly better than the film is.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

That US poster (which is the same as the first release VCI DVD) always reminds me of this:

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

fdsmedia

I received the Italian disc, and while not perfect it's definitely an improvement compared to the VCI release. I have started working on a fandub, using the English audio track from the US disc. Stay tuned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.