• 21 Oct 2017 - 03:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Watch Me When I Kill / Il gatto dagli occhi di giada (Antonio Bido, 1977)  (Read 11987 times)

vigilanteforce

I have an old US tape of this and I liked it when I watched it like 9 years ago. I remember the film having shades of DEEP RED. I never bothered with any of its DVD releases though... Would like to see Magnus' fandub. I am pretty sure the Italian DVD looks a lot better than the US ones.

Kevin, that is a killer poster  ::)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Thanks. I've got the German DVD but haven't got round to watching it yet so have no idea what the quality is like.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

The German DVD is better than the original VCI release, which was unwatchable during the night scenes, but still has its flaws.

Looking forward to your fan dub Magnus.

fdsmedia

Fan dub is ready!  Now it's time for a Peroni...  :P

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Great news Magnus  ::)

bloodvamp

I just read that the new vci release has mediocre sound and video quality.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

I received the Italian disc, and while not perfect it's definitely an improvement compared to the VCI release. I have started working on a fandub, using the English audio track from the US disc. Stay tuned.

It would have been far easier to use the old Redemption PAL VHS release since they both run at 25fps.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

fdsmedia

Too late!  :D It was quite painless, I just pitched the audio and it worked like a charm.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Really nice job on this one Magnus, looks better than the VCI and X-Rated releases of the film.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Is the Italian disc anamorphic?  Its unfortunate that this film seems to look rough in all of its releases.  SOLAMENTE NERO looks quite nice on the Anchor Bay disc (I think that was the only dual-layer transfer of the four gialli they put out in that set).

WATCH ME WHEN I KILL certainly has shades of DEEP RED as mentioned above.  There's similar stalk and kill sequences, cubist-esque editing, and the score is more Goblin-esque than the score they worked on with Cipriani for SOLAMENTE NERO.  Soundtrack CDs of both are essential purchases (this film is already out on CD and Digitmovies just re-released SOLAMENTE NERO).

fdsmedia

I seem to remember it's anamorphic, and it's a dual layer disc with the main feature approximately 6.5 GB.

I agree on both soundtracks, received Digitmovies' Solamente Nero the other day and it's very nice.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

The strangling is either before or during the opening credits and is from the killers point of view with the womans head being shook from side to side. When I saw it I thought it looked like it had been shot on video! I think this footage is related to the different title and credits of The Cat's Victims as opposed to Watch Me When I Kill.

Sounds like the opening to SOLAMENTE NERO.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

This one is so obviously trying it's best to rip off other (more successful) gialli, and in some ways it's a fun movie to watch. There's a scene where the music obviously tries oh so hard to copy Goblin, particularly during the murder scenes - in fact the build up to some of these sequences is quite (intentionally) reminiscent of Suspiria. Like Bido's The Bloodstained Shadow I think it's well worth a watch.

This was issued on video in Italy on the PAC label in a version running 88m 12s, and got a UK video release in 1995 courtesy of Redemption (in the days I was working for them) with a running time of  91m 36s. There's a US release issued by VCI under its American release title "Watch Me When I Kill" and a German version on the X-Rated label.

Does anybody know of any any versions with anything extra?
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

Stephen Grimes

I used to own the Danish tape on Filmlab which had a nice lbx print if i remember rightly though i'm not sure if it had anything extra,ended up giving it to Jonny awhile back so he might be able to help.

vigilanteforce

Does anybody know of any any versions with anything extra?

The German disc appears to have some extras. Well not real ones like interviews or commentary tracks, just a trailer and alternative opening credits.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/watch-when-kill-p-2485.html

Is this disc the best to buy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.