• 31 Oct 2020 - 21:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: favourite sleeve art  (Read 2828 times)

timversey

favourite sleeve art
« on: 25 Sep 2007 - 08:45 »

did you ever buy a movie based purely on the sleeve art, what would be your fave artwork?
i myself am stuck totally in the 80's with the stunning work that presented itself on the old ex rental video's, from nasties to sleaze, most of it is just non pc in this day and age. Which is crazy when we now think we are totally unshockable!

take this for example, the greek last cannibal world, imagine walking into music zone or hmv and finding this staring down at you from a shelf

these are two of my fave giallo sleeves, the dutch date for a murder and wide eyed in the dark

one of the iconic images from the video nastie era

this is in my opinion on of the best sleeve arts, the french 'flesh for frankenstien, makes a great quad poster too

but, as i am a huge fan of naziploitation, this is my all time fave artwork, the italian love camp 7

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: favourite sleeve art
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2007 - 08:47 »

Allways loved the art for this one...

Hietapakka

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2007 - 15:57 »

Allways loved the art for this one...

Yes, that Live Like A Cop... Die Like A Man cover is awesome. Finland they used that same painted picture in Giorgioni Stegani The Terminators/Last Desperate Hours and you also can spot that motorcycle Väkivallan Enkelit/Violence For Kicks video sleeve.

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 13:45 »

And my favourite sleeve art is...

Of course, there are others from the pre-cert era that I love but this one holds a special place as it was the first ever VHS import I ever purchased back in the mid-90s.  I bought from a guy named Jean-Paul who used to frequent the Memorabilia event at Birmingham NEC.  Did any else buy any of his seriously over-priced tapes?  Can't believe I paid £25 for this release but back then I thought it was the best £25 I had ever spent. 

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 13:49 »

I had Lenzi's EATEN ALIVE on this label which i bought from Rene of Cine City Holland when he used to come over and do the film fairs back then,these 2 also had laserdisc releases and came out jut before EC Entertainment released their tapes and LD's.T'was a great time to be a collector then but everything cost a small fortune.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 13:58 »

I used to have that New York Ripper LaserDisc, got it off Rene at a film fair in Manchester. Only £70  :-X

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 14:05 »

Never met Rene, or maybe I did, never heard his name before.  I think I still have the EATEN ALIVE VHS somewhere but since moving house I have lost track of a lot of things.  It used to be equally exciting and frustrating going to the film fairs and hunting for pre-certs or imports.  I am still looking for the laserdisc release, would love to have just for the artwork.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 14:08 »

I am still looking for the laserdisc release, would love to have just for the artwork.

I might still have it, I know I got rid of a lot of Lasers a while back but did keep a few for nostalgia reasons. I'll check when I get home.  :'(

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2007 - 15:10 »

I wouldn't say it's because its un-PC, its just  that design trends have changed.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2007 - 08:34 »

I am still looking for the laserdisc release, would love to have just for the artwork.

I've still got it!  :'(

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2007 - 09:26 »

Drool...very cool Jonny.  I was so close to buying a laserdisc player but DVD came along and changed my mind.  Some laserdisc sleeve designs were stunning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.