• 02 Dec 2020 - 07:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hammer Horror  (Read 3257 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

New Hammer Horror
« on: 28 Sep 2007 - 03:01 »

I don't know, this sounds pretty bad...couldn't they have come up with something better than this...? Still, it isn't finished yet so...

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5052

LANZETTA

Re: New Hammer Horror
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2007 - 13:10 »

I agree this sounds like an awful start to Hammers rebirth and i can't relate to this idea of releasing it in chunks through mobile phones and ipods which is no way to watch a movie.I much prefer Christopher Lee's idea of remaking THE DEVIL RIDES OUT.

Vaughan

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2007 - 10:53 »

Hammer is dead.  What made it great for genre fans is gone - forever.  The principle people invoilved are gone/retired.  Time has moved on.  It's over.

What we have left is a BRAND.  Like Gucci, Pepsi, Apple.  The brand infers quality, but in fact gaurantees nothing.  Hammer couldn't make another gtohic horror to match the heyday.  Even if this were cinematically possible, we wouldn't need Hammer to do it, anyone could do it.

So this leaves me cold. 

Let's face it, if they wanted to do a topless shot of Ingrid Pitt today they'd have to be damn sure to use a 4:3 frame.

dracucarr

« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2007 - 17:54 »

I have spoken of my unhappiness since this 'new' Hammer was announced. Trying to get success out of a brand that will be forgotten by mainstream audiences may work as a good thing from this Hammer fans point of view. Looking at the screen shots for the Rave film really does give me nits! I can't stop scratching my head  >:(. The Hammer gems who made Hammer loveable are long gone, and I've said it before and I'll say it again: if they make successful films and they are great horror films then brilliant (looks a long way off), but even so, they still aren't Hammer. Hopefully some Mummy somewhere will start picking these desecraters off for not allowing Hammer to RIP.

Vaughan

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2007 - 10:51 »

I'd give them a hand.

(cue really bad Blood from the Mummy's Tomb reference - which is no doubt better than the new Hammer movie).

dracucarr

« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2007 - 22:17 »

I'd give them a hand.

(cue really bad Blood from the Mummy's Tomb reference - which is no doubt better than the new Hammer movie).

I'm sure I can raise an army of the undead to back you up aswell  :'(. Speaking of Mummy films, I love The Mummy's Shroud trailer: Beware the Beat of the Cloth Wrapped Feet. Hilarious! Possibly my most watched Hammer trailer for that repeated voice-over.

WilsonBros

• Almost Human
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2007 - 10:50 »

Let's face it, if they wanted to do a topless shot of Ingrid Pitt today they'd have to be damn sure to use a 4:3 frame.

Or a vertical 2.35:1 frame...  ;D

Kev W
"Two blokes with with a fuck-load of cutlery!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.